Allow "Start Date" of Success Plan Gantt Chart view to be populated automatically

Related products: None

I think I speak for quite a few people when I say I'm very excited about the ability to edit the Gantt chart start and end dates now! 

However, the issue still remains that if you apply a template to a success plan, the tasks are all going to look like they start on the same day, since it's based off the CTA Created Date field. Of course, now we can at least manually edit those, but that can turn into quite the tedious task especially if you have a success plan with dozens of objectives and/or tasks. 

So my request is to have the ability to automatically set the start dates, which would be reflected in the Gantt Chart view. In theory, this would function exactly how the End Dates do, where you can say I want this End Date to show up as +50 days from the assigned date. 
This would be super helpful.  Adding the ability to manually change the Start Date was nice, but the next logical step is to allow us to automate that start date.
Hi all, this appears to be the most current thread for this topic. any updates?

I have the exact use case as Spencer here. We want to create a template (that might be used for up to 100 accounts) and we need to be able to set a start date for each objective from the template.

The fact that the users need to manually update the start date for each success plan after applying the template it's just making this functionality useless and is killing the adoption.

Please give us an update on this one.

We would love this feature - we are struggling with creating success plan templates for our team to use in onboarding without being able to templatize dependencies and the start date would help get us a step closer.

Love this suggestion. I'd even like to go a step further and have the ability to update these dates (and other objective CTA fields) through the rules engine, similar to the other CTA types.

can't agree more. Same issue on our end! Just started using this feature.

@All, Sorry for the inconvenience, I understand your concern and the only alternative we have is to update it manually by navigating to 360 page, but it's a cumbersome job to update multiple dates. I see this is currenlty not in our product road-map, I will definitely bring this to our product team notice and update you here.

This is a requirement for two of my current customers as well - would be nice to have this in product

@sai_ram bumping this thread. I understand when automating the creation of Success Plan templates, we can now define the tasks to “start” based on a previous task’s due date or closed date, but when creating the task manually, there is no way to define when a task starts unless you go to the Gantt Chart tab of the success plan. Is this on the road map as well?

https://community.gainsight.com/cs-ideas-21/having-a-cascading-start-date-for-success-plan-objectives-37985#post41077

This would definitely be very helpful. We are setting up onboarding Success Plans and I was actually wondering why this was not in there yet.

Any update on this one? We are just getting into Success Plans and this would be very helpful. 

Hi @johntrask_bt @Jef Vanlaer 

Ability to configure the “start date” of objectives in success plan is in development. The feature will be available soon.

@Anil Raj Pujari Thanks for the update! Sound great, looking forward to it.

Hello Everyone,

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and implemented in the Success Plan Horizon Analytics available in Gainsight NXT (Link). Success Plan Horizon Analytics has new capabilities such as the ability to add dependency between the End Date and Start Date of multiple Objective CTAs, as well as the ability to drag-and-drop Objective CTAs in the Gantt Chart tab to change their End Dates, Start Dates, and the corresponding dates of all dependent Objective CTAs/Tasks.

Thanks for posting!