Allow removal of "Name" from "Add Person" screen

Related products: None

We are attempting to sync back Company Person records to Salesforce Contact.  SF Contact requires a value in the First and Last Name fields, so I need end users to populate the First Name and Last Name fields to the Add Person screen in GS.

But since I cannot remove the “Name” field, this confuses end users. 

“Why do I have to enter the information twice?” 
“Why do you have the Name AND First Name/Last Name fields?”

Also this :point_down_tone1:

@darkknight I heard our team is working on redesigning the person 360. I will confirm once again and let you know.

Same thing on our side. We need to enter First Name and Last Name to sync to SFDC. Would love to be able to remove the Name field of the person section and having the possibility to have this field being a concanation of First and Last Name.

Hi @obarrette and @darkknight 

We are working on revamping the Admin section and will carefully evaluate the selection of fields while also looking at the possibility of concatenation of fields. 

Grateful for the feedback,

Shilpa

Just throwing my name in the hat 🤠. We really need this too!

We have been trying to enable the new real-time bidirectional sync between Salesforce and Gainsight for Contacts. Salesforce → Gainsight the First & Last are concatenated into Name, however when Gainsight tries to write back to Salesforce, we get an error that Name cannot be updated. 

Ditto what Rich said. This is even more of a must-have now that real-time bidirectional sync with SF is a thing.

While this is not part of the immediate roadmap item, I’ll see if we can consider this as an exception and alleviate the challenge. Will keep you posted.