Under Consideration

Allow inline editing in tabular reports

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
It would be great to be able to view a tabular report, ie cases, opportunities, projects, etc. and be able to simply click on the cell in the tabular report, edit the cell, and have that update the associated object record. 

32 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi everyone, 

I understand the efficiency gains we get via this inline editing. @muralikrishnagopu  is working on an awesome editing experience for Company/Relationships.

I have one question regarding this: What all areas do CSM’s want to update? Is there a need to support it for (low volume) custom objects too?

Hi @rakesh - I think we should assume that admins want to have the ability to edit every field on every object (obviously excepting system objects and other hard limitations like that). This would be a big-time game-changer, as all the comments and upvotes on this post indicate. I think we should think big rather than just providing a half-measure of an editing experience only on the company and relationship objects.

Userlevel 7

Hi everyone, 

I understand the efficiency gains we get via this inline editing. @muralikrishnagopu  is working on an awesome editing experience for Company/Relationships.

I have one question regarding this: What all areas do CSM’s want to update? Is there a need to support it for (low volume) custom objects too?

Hi @rakesh - I think we should assume that admins want to have the ability to edit every field on every object (obviously excepting system objects and other hard limitations like that). This would be a big-time game-changer, as all the comments and upvotes on this post indicate. I think we should think big rather than just providing a half-measure of an editing experience only on the company and relationship objects.

@spencer_engel agree. We will most likely have a phased release here, but will consider a holistic approach to the solution. cc: @pgeorge 

Userlevel 7
Badge

I would agree. It would be better if there were no limitations on the type of object. I use low volume objects all the time because its the only type for new objects that CSMs can view the records. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

@dan_ahrens - do you know if this on any future roadmap?

Userlevel 7
Badge

@jean.nairon it is something that the team is planning on doing, but exact ETA is not determined at this time. There are a number of technical complexities especially when dealing with reports that can be transformations and combinations of base data. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@dan_ahrens does this happen to be coming with the Reporting Horizon experience? @lindseyyoung5 @ashleyyoung @jamieordway @jesse_reyes throw some votes on here please!!

End Proctoring-

Userlevel 7
Badge

@dan_ahrens does this happen to be coming with the Reporting Horizon experience? @lindseyyoung5 @ashleyyoung @jamieordway @jesse_reyes throw some votes on here please!!

End Proctoring-

Unfortunately this is not part of Horizon Analytics. Sorry.