Allow in use CTA Reasons to be deactivated

Related products: None

There is currently an "Active" checkbox for CTA Reasons, however once the reason has been applied to a CTA it cannot be disabled. It would be great for this checkbox to allow for the reason to show/not show when creating a CTA.

The problem:

When implementing Gainsight we didn't fully map out all CTA Types and associated Reasons. Now we have a long list of irrelevant Reasons available to 'All' CTA Types. This makes reporting difficult and the end user experience poor as there are too many options, many of which are irrelevant for the CTA Type selected. I've also been looking into Mass Edit, however there is no way to update the CTA Types on existing CTA's, so I cannot align types/reasons as needed.

@harriseilenberg If I remember correctly, I believe Gainsight support can help you with this. I did a clean up a while back and they were able to deactive some of the CTA types for me.

Additionally, I agree that it would be helpful to be able to do this on our own.

I hae the exact same scenario. Our CTA Reasons have become unwieldy and I am consolidating them down. I decided to do most of this data work directly in Salesforce by updating the Picklist and Call to Action objects. That way I can just build an excel file for my updates and run the job.

Hi Sunil, sorry for the inconvenience. I agree with the workaround you are doing to change them. Currently, this is not in our road-map, we will definitely consider based on other customer interests.

@All, please hit like or follow to add this feature to the road-map.

Is there a reason why this isn't planned? It would save a ton of work and time if this was a feature. And it's reasonable to expect some "reasons" to be deprecated.

@jen_pakravan Thanks for raising your voice here, I have shared the same inputs with the product team, accepted it and added this to our road-map.  Hence changing the status to Under Consideration. 

I will update you here once we consider this for release. Thanks for bringing this up!!

Happy Posting!!!

Hello Everyone! 

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and included as part of the v6.14 release.  Previously, it was only possible to deprecate or make existing Cockpit picklists such as CTA Types/Reasons/Status/Priority/Snooze and Success Plan Templates/Types/Objective Categories inactive. Gainsight now supports deprecating and making Playbooks inactive.

Along with making Playbooks inactive, Gainsight also made some minor behavior changes to the following Cockpit and Success Plans assets while making them inactive:

• CTA Picklists
  • Success Plan Templates
  • Success Plan Types
  • Success Plan Objective Categories

This feature is implemented in only the NXT version.

Thanks for posting!