Allow Direct Rule Notifications to include link through Salesforce

Related products: None

We’re on NXT but we require users to login via SFDC, including Admins.

Would be a timesaver to allow us to change the Direct Rule Link in failure notification emails to the SFDC Login path, because today it is linked only to the NXT path:

@darkknight valid ask. I understand the pain point here. I am redirecting this to the product team.

@darkknight good news , we have a flag in the back-end to change the URL. I am creating a support ticket to enable this for your org. 

Thanks @sai_ram !  Would probably be a good idea to ensure the availability of this is documented someplace as well.

Thanks @sai_ram !  Would probably be a good idea to ensure the availability of this is documented someplace as well.

@darkknight point taken! 

Hello @darkknight,

Updated the below article with the info about how to change the Rule link in failure notification emails from NXT to the SFDC login path: https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/03Rules_Engine/02Admin_Guides/Schedule_and_Execute_Rules

Thanks!

Posting the actual answer here too

Note: If you need to change the Rule link in failure notification emails from NXT to the SFDC login path, please contact Gainsight Support.

I believe this should be handled as part of migration and not a step admins need to file yet another support ticket for. My two cents.

Agreed. At least there is a way though. 

Hi All,

Agree that it makes sense to handle this as a part of migration ( @shambhawi ).

The challenge here is after upgrading, some customers only start logging in from NXT, others do it from SFDC login (SFDC login is the majority). We cannot automatically handle it from the system because system wouldn't know the exact scenario. Will it work if we swap the default to SFDC login? That's something system can handle.

Hi All,

As mentioned by (@rakesh ), we can set the default login to SFDC as part of the migration.

In that case, if you want to switch back to the NXT login path, you will have to contact Gainsight Support.

I’m not sure if we are a unique case, but we mentioned throughout the migration that we would not be using direct login, but rather SFDC, so I feel that any appropriate changes should have been made during the migration in our case. I can’t speak to what the default should be, as I am biased, but if SFDC is the majority, perhaps enabling that as a default makes sense. 

@ana_g  That’s a valid point and we have taken that into consideration. Going forward default login will be set to SFDC as part of the migration.