Allow Custom Object Fields to be Editable on the Attributes Section of c360

Related products: None

On the c360 attributes section- it would be nice if we could display and make fields on custom objects editable. Today, we can only display these fields.

@hillarydj thank you for sharing your request here. Since this idea is related to C360, changing the idea forum to CS ideas. Also could you please elaborate more on this.

@sai_ram Thank you for following up!
Happy to elaborate more- 

• When you add fields from standard objects into the attributes section of the c360, you are able to configure these so that they are editable for the users.
  • However, if you create a new custom object- and add those fields onto the attributes section- you are not able to make them editable to the users.

Our use case is that there is an entirely new group of fields relating to the company that we would like to capture and trigger CTAs with. However- we need the end users to be able to add their inputs (thus making the fields editable). I understand that I can just create the new fields on the company object- but this creates some confusion/messiness on that object due to the huge amount of new fields we would be adding to that object. To make things cleaner- we wanted to create a new object.

Please let me know if you need any additional details.

Thank you so much!

Hi @hillarydj, Thanks for sharing more details. Supporting editability on custom object attributes can indeed add a lot of value. We have added this to our long term roadmap.
Will share more details here once we pick this up.

This would big feature for us.  I would love to know an approximate timeline.  Muddying up the Company or Relationship object  seems like a very bad option.

We currently do not have any timeline associated to this @ameyers. This could be couple of quarters down the line.
@everyone Please upvote this request if this resonates with you. This will help us prioritise accurately

Upvoted.  Is there a work around for this?  Meaning...is there any way to allow an end user to update field values on a custom object record in Gainsight?

+1 I would like to make them editable

Any update on this one?