Allow CTA due dates to be based on calendar days (not only business days)

Related products: None

Gainsight can only set the "due date" for a CTA using business days. e.g. If the due date is "Rule Date + 30 days" it will add on 30 business days to the rule date, not 30 calendar days. This prevents me from creating CTAs where the true due date maps to an actual calendar date. For example, I thought an "easy win" to encourage adoption amongst our account managers would be to have a CTA fire 90 days before a renewal reminding them of the upcoming renewal, but this can't be done -- at least not with the proper "due date."
I agree...in fact I am surprised to learn that the rules are based on business days. That completely changes the calculation for timing of events.
Michael, It would be great if you at least had the option to choose how this was calculated (week vs work week). I am going to change this over from a problem to an idea so that our product team can review your suggestion and provide some feedback. 
While setting the due date for a create CTA action in rules engine, we will provide an option to skip weekends (will be checked for all existing rules and you can uncheck by editing it).

Currently there is no ETA. I will post back once we have more updates.
Some Context - Earlier some of the customers requested to calculate the due date based on the business days. 

Having this option will makes sense which would suffice the needs for everyone. 
Do Playbook tasks work the same way, meaning are they also based on business days? If so, the same option to use Calendar days is required for Playbooks.
Amen! We just discovered that it's business days (after implementation of some new CTAs) and we now need to go recalculate because we thought it was calendar days.
I really don't think this is intuitive--most of us are salesforce users and aren't used to thinking about weekends, etc. I would vote for having a radio button that allows you to either have a system setting for business days or calendar days. Our company would set it for calendar days.
Thanks all for your feedback! I'd like to confirm one more thing here: Is it also important to have this distinction available in the filtering process, i.e., [i]add/subtract n calendar days vs. [i]add/subtract n business days? In the example that Michael shared, this would imply that the CTA itself is generated 90 business days before the renewal is due, not calendar days. 
Manu -

I would say yes, having clarification on calendar versus business days would be helpful. In general, one of my biggest points of confusion on implementing rules and the associated CTAs & Playbooks was around which ones were based on business days versus calendar days. I echo Nick's comment that as Admins and in the role of Sales Operations, we think about things in general time frames, 30, 60, 90 days, i.e. 1 month, 2 months, 3 months. Having clear documentation on this is also important.

Best I have sorted out, the Rule Dates, such as Add N dates to Rule Date is based on calendar days. Then when you go to set the due dates for the CTA and tasks in the Playbook, you have to estimate the number of business days. One thought is to use calendar days, but prevent the date from being a weekend, so automatically make it the closest business day. So if the due date is a Saturday, it is forced to Friday; if Sunday it is forced to Monday.

Thanks for working on making this easier.

Kristin
I believe you have control over the playbook tasks.   When creating the playbook/tasks, you have control on each task whether weekends are included or not included.
As a vote, we could use both.   We created all the CTAs assuming calendar days and then controlled the playbook tasks accordingly.   It would be nice to have the option for creating CTAs, either mark as calendar or business due date.