Question

Mass update CTA due date and snooze status/date

Badge
We have enterprise CSMs who manage multiple accounts, some with 100+ locations.  Each of the individual locations have CTAs specific to that location, but some times need to be updated in mass.

My request is for the ability to mass update CTAs to change their due date or mass snooze CTAs for the same amount of time.

16 replies

Badge +3
Tagging this post here as well - https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/add-due-date-to-mass-edit-for-ctas-and-tasks

+ 1 for Mass Edit Due Date!
Badge
so this has been in the works for 2 years? any updates? i imagined this would've been fixed by now...
Badge
Can confirm that I've data loaded to both the CTA object and CSTask object.

However, It would beimuch cleaner in the UI.
Going to try Data Loader solution and report back
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Trevor, I believe it's marked as Solved because it's not on the short term road map. In the latest release you can close CTAs in mass, but I have not tried to edit due dates. 
Badge +2
This says "Solved." I don't see in this thread how to mass edit due dates. Did I miss it? How do we mass edit due dates?
Hi Steven:

Feel free to reach out to me via email if you'd like me to help with a script for a one off scenario (could be reused as needed in the future).

smorris@gainsight.com
Hi Everyone:

An update from the Product team.  This is currently not on the short term roadmap, however it may be taken up after May of this year.  Further updates will be posted here.
Hello Scott,

I agree with Jennifer. In our org moving all due dates to a specific date would be most helpful. I would like to be able to change dates dynamically as well.

Thanks for your assistance!

Steven Doty
Badge +1
Hi Scott-

It would be helpful to be able to do the above (add n days to due date, etc), however it would be very helpful to also be able to set an explicit date.  There are many times where playbook task date estimations do not follow what actually needs to happen by a certain date.  For instance, we are in the midst of annual account planning with very specific deadlines.  Depending on which day a CTA is created, the due date for each task will be different.  What I'd like is to be able to mass update those CTAs and associated tasks (identified by playbook and/or name) using specific due dates.

Jennifer
Hi Steven:

I'll be sure to ping the corresponding Product manager to get an update here.  Are you wanting to update the dates for the CTAs with a static value?  As in add n days to the existing due date?  Or add n days to today to create the new due date?  I am happy to help achieve this ad hoc to help if that's of interest via a script.  

Thanks

Scott
Hello Scott,

Have there been any changes to this? I have clients who are as a group impacted by various external factors and CSMs will be unable to reach them for weeks. The CSMs in question have 70+ CTAs related to the set of clients, and changing the dates manually is exceptionally time consuming. Is there any hope of a solution on this?

Thanks very much for your consideration,

Steven Doty
Hello,

Following up on this on behalf of a client, who is interested in seeing a mass Snooze option within the UI and is curious as to whether this is on the roadmap.

Thanks,

Dillon
Hi Scott:

You're right. There isn't a way to mass update those values in the UI. You can mass update them through a data loader or through a script. I'll let the product team comment if the other update options are on the roadmap.

If you have any questions about the data load or script options, please let me know.
Badge
Hi Evan,

No it will not.  If you click on Mass Edit and select a sample of records, you will see that the only actions you can take are:  Reassign Ownership, Status, Priority, Reason and Delete.

What I am requesting are the options to take the following actions:  Due Date, Snooze Date, Snooze Status.

Thanks,

Scott
Hi Scott,

In the Administration tab of Gainsight there is an option to mass edit CTAs from within the Cockpit Configuration tab. See screenshot below (See right hand side of screen).

Would this solve your use case?