Allow aggregation on Parent Account ID (not only Relationships) in Adoption Explorer

Related products: None

Was totally excited to introduce Adoption Explorer to our users until I saw that the “Instance” feature only works with Relationships. We have tons of Parent-Child account structures where our users want to be able to aggregate the usage across all of the children. Is this something that has already been suggested and is in the works by chance? Thanks!

Seems like common sense to me. @skalle any suggested workarounds for @ana_g ?

End Proctoring-

Hi @ana_g 

Thanks for checking out Adoption Explorer. I wanted to clarify few things on the Company & Instance concept we introduced in AE. 

1. It is not mandatory that you need to tie to Relationships in order to use Adoption Explorer’s Instance.  Please bring the Parent-Child accounts as Company and Instance and setting the 1:Many in the Company Information Object.
  2. The tie to Relationships is NOT mandatory, I have taken note and see if we can add more microcopy there to avoid this confusion. You can see that it allows you to save even without setting the lookup to Relationship.
  3. Also, @ana_g  @gunjanm -  if you want to bring data of Parent -Child and aggregate to Parent - Please see that there is a check box which says- “Aggregate data by Instance” - Do you want to aggregate at instance level.  If you don't select that, then the data would be aggregated to the parent level. Again I will add more microcopy there. Feel free to reach out and we can grab some time to discuss on your use cases if you need any additional assistance via your CSMs.

@skalle this is awesome, thanks Sailaja! I hope this helps @ana_g ?

End Proctoring-