Allow admins to add aliases to filter names in Gainsight Home

Related products: None

Hi,

Within the new Gainsight Home feature, it would be great if we could add aliases to the filter names so that our CSMs don’t get confused if there are two filters with the same overall name. I know this functionality already exists in the Horizon Analytics Report Builder, and it would be great to bring this functionality to Home. It looks like currently if I move my cursor over the filter, the path is explained, but I rather save this step for our CSMs and just have the filter explicitly state what it’s filtering.

As seen below, filter C is referring to the CSM Name and filter D is referring to the Intel Services Rep name, but they both show as “name” and this will get confusing to our CSMs. Thanks!

@kstim again Gainsight Home is a just born baby, our engineering team and product team are eagerly waiting for the feedback like this. Thank you for sharing this here.

@anirbandutta now that Gainsight Home is a toddler or whatever (are product ages more like people or dog years?) can we get some eyes on this? Having three filters called “Name” is going to be a hot mess for end-users, for example.

Hi @rakesh, interesting feedback here. 

Updated idea statusNo StatusPlanned

This is a big miss. We either need to be able to rename out-of-box fields on MDA standard objects or at least be able to rename them in Gainsight Home like we can in global dashboard filters (ideally both). As it stands, I’m stuck using “CSM” to house one of our user roles, even though internally they’re known as “CRC.” I need to use “CSM” as a filter on Home, but it’s going to be confusing for our users.

Hi @Azad are you able to provide an ETA as to when we can expect this to roll out? It would help to clear up a lot of confusion if we can have the ability to rename global filters in Home like we can in dashboards. Thanks!

In addition to allowing us to rename filters, I’d like to see the text be able to wrap. Right now it looks awkward (see example). 

@rakesh Any updates on when this is planned for? Thanks!

AND REARRANGE FILTERS!!! Just in general bring parity to GS Home from Dashboard Builder!

Which, I know I can do by removing the filter and re-adding them in the desired order….but it’d just be better if we can move them around more easily like dashboard builder :) 

Our Gainsight Home was automatically including Inactive and Churn status customers. I had to add another filter on Status visible to all, but I think it would be better to add some sort of ‘hidden’ global filters.

@anirbandutta @rakesh is there any update on timeline for this?

This same request would be nice to have in Cockpit, you end up with a lot of “Name” headers. It’s very confusing for the end user.