Planned

Allow Admin to Override User State Preservation on Dashboard Reports

• 10 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Very similar to this idea, 

When I make an update to a report that is used on a dashboard, I would like some sort of prompt asking me if I want to override users’ personal settings/filters they have on their reports. Otherwise they think that something is broken or wrong when I have already made an update the team has requested. There is no way for an admin to even know who is using personalized filters on a report that is meant to be a team dashboard. 

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I RUN INTO THIS ALL THE TIME AS WE ARE IN HYPER DEVELOPEMENT! Yes ++++++1

I was advised by my users that resetting report(s) to admin defaults to get updated versions of dashboard reports is confusing, difficult & makes them feel left out when others mention items they do not see themselves.

Anything that can be done on the admin side is a win-win for all.

Userlevel 7
Badge

+100000000000 Yes please. 

Userlevel 7

Good news everyone,

We are adding this at a dashboard level in our new horizon analytics. PFA the placement

To provide some context on why we did not add this to the report level yet: A single report can be added to multiple dashboards, so land it problems of propagating changes and managing any errors based on permissions, etc. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@rakesh - a step in the right direction for CS Ops !  :sunglasses::thumbsup:  

Userlevel 7
Badge

Good news everyone,

We are adding this at a dashboard level in our new horizon analytics. PFA the placement

To provide some context on why we did not add this to the report level yet: A single report can be added to multiple dashboards, so land it problems of propagating changes and managing any errors based on permissions, etc. 

Halleluja! 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Another reason to get excited about Horizon Analytics! :)