Allow admin editing of inactive success plans type (e.g. templates, objective types)

Related products: None

If a success plan type is set as inactive via Success Plan Configuration then I can’t create templates, add objective types etc 

This means I have to set it to active to work on it, but I just want to be able to make changes, i.e. create new plan types along with all associated settings, that should not yet be visible/selectable for end-users. 

two new plan types we are currently building out
can’t select them to create a template
and can’t select them to create an objective category

Ran into this issue as well while we were still using success plans. +1!

@HollySimmons 

Thank you for the feedback. The use case to create templates or add objective category on inactive success plan type make sense. More upvotes will help prioritise it for future roadmaps. 

Can I add to this to say that I would like the ability to update Inactive Success Plan types via Horizon Rule (without having to use the API)?

Right now, you can update success plans, one type at a time, if you want to close out plans. If the type has been made in active, you have to re-activate it to then be able to select that type in the rule action.

Then you have to re-deactivate the type and hope no one made a new Success Plan of the old type in the meantime.

This is very inefficient and quite unnecessary. There could always be clear messaging in the action on which types are inactive, and that you have selected an inactive one for your rule action.