All End-Users to Upload List of External Attendee's to Timeline Entry

Related products: None

We run large trainings and webinars on a company-by-company basis and it would be really useful if the CS team could upload a CSV/Excel file with the attendee’s email addresses and that associate the Company Person to the timeline entry as an external attendee. 

@HollySimmons Thanks for sharing with the use-case here and great to hear the usage of Timeline. 

If I understand it correctly You want to upload the contacts via CSV/Excel file in timeline and those contacts should be associate to the Company Person? 

So ideally the CSC would add the timeline entry, and where they would usually type in the External Attendee’s one-by-one they could just upload a list of e-mails and where a match with an existing Company Person is found it adds that individual as an External Attendee on the timeline entry itself. (We would then like to use JO to trigger a tNPS survey to all external attendee’s of that meeting)

As an addition it would be cool for there to be confirmation if some weren’t able to be added because there is no Company Person record, and then the CSC can go and add them as new records - or maybe even have that option when uploading to create new records if they don’t already exist.

@HollySimmonsthanks for the quick reply!! completely got it. I am redirecting this to our product team.  

Thanks for the idea. Very interesting use-case. We will prioritize it based on the number of customers asking for it.

Hi - we are in a similar boat and this functionality would be great for us! As we start expanding our JO use cases, we’re really limited on the amount Gainsight milestone/activity outreach we can do because we can’t justify asking our CS team to manually add 50+ users to a training.

I think the external attendees field, in general, should be much more flexible. Its hard to report on this data today and you can’t extract any useful information. 

If it was a proper lookup value which we could report on properly (ie, be able to report on other values on the lookup record) and be able to load data to it (ie, load external contact data), this field would be so much more usable. 

There’s a few other product ideas on Attendees that cover this as well. I think we’re all after the same request: make attendees a proper lookup value like other lookup values on the Company or Relationship objects. 

Hi All, Thanks for sharing the feedback. We don’t have an immediate plan to support this as the team is occupied with other High-Priority items. Based on the number of likes, we can reprioritize.

Is there any potential for reconsideration here?