Advanced Outreach: no scheduler

Related products: None

The capability to schedule an advanced outreach is not available in the current version. We can specify a start date but no time. We need to publish the outreach in due time.

Is this correct or did we miss a setting somewhere?

Any plan to make it available?  The drawback on this limitation is that we will not be able to publish an outreach at the best time we want for other time zones unless we have staff ready to press the button at that time. As well, it means that we have no discretion on the time we want to send the messages at, whereas this was available in Outreach.

Is this planned and for when?
Hi Diane,

I have changed this post to an idea so our product team can review as right now we are only able to select a start date. Publishing is still a manual process.
Hi Diane,

This is at the top of our to do list for Advanced Outreaches. I will update here once we have an approach for this.

Thanks

Abhishek S
+1 I'm running into this issue and as I utilize Relationship level outreaches, I cannot perform a follow-up function in the regular outreaches for Relationship level contacts.  Therefore, my hands are tied in both regular and advanced outreaches.
+1 for this idea.  This would be incredibly valuable to our users trying to send followups for relationship level outreaches.
Hi,

With this release, you should be able to use scheduler in the sources(powerlist and bionic query) to define the start date and time and end date and time between which data should be brought into an advanced outreach. Even though you might decide to publish an advanced outreach, only when the start date and time configured in the source scheduler is met , data will be brought into Advanced outreach. This should help address your use case.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Abhishek S
Hi Abhishek,

Could you let us know if a scheduler for AO similar to the traditional outreach is on the roadmap for release soon? The workaround you have above appears to be error-prone.
Hi Chuen,

What would help is to understand the gaps in the above approach. Are there any issues you faced when you tried to configure the scheduler using the above approach?

Thanks

Abhishek S
Hi Abhishek,

I like to see all my active outreaches and when each outreach is scheduled at what time during the day or days of the week. I am not completely certain how the power list works, does the AO get triggered when a power list is refreshed every time? Also, I am not certain how I am able to schedule AO for only certain days of the week. 
Hey Chuen,

If I am reading you correctly, you want the calendar view back to take a full picture of your Advanced Outreaches. That makes sense, and would be a requirement for us too if we were to make the full conversation to AO.

As for AO on specific days, that is possible. 

Just choose that second radial button and then select "Weekly". Tick the days you want and configure the rest.

Hope this helps!
So the outreach will refresh and add the participants from powerslist and send out emails based on the above conditions then?
The refresh part does not happen automatically yet(planned in the short term). It is dependent on the powerlist refresh timing configured set but it sends the email respecting the above schedule configured.
So we are just refreshing and receiving new participants, and AO will recognize that and start sending out Emails then. 

Right?
Yes.
Is there a way to do this if I'm not using a power list? (I'm using a CSV upload)
Hi Allie, if you need to use a CSV but have the Advanced Outreach execute at a future date/time, you can use the CSV as source data to create a powerlist and then use that powerlist as the source in your Advanced Outreach. See more info here: https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/CoPilot_and_Automated_Email/Admin_Configuration/...