Adoption Explorer: "Retry" logic on time-series data

Related products: None

In Adoption Explorer (AE), I would benefit significantly some mechanism that supported an automated retry or a true-up of previously ingested time-series data.

In my particular use case of ingesting from Redshift, if my time-series data doesn’t happen to be available on the time-based schedule I’ve configured within AE, I ingest incomplete time-series data. (Redshift might be down or flaky, or my data warehouse team may be reporting delays in data availability). Currently, once I discover that, I manually perform a Historical Run. Nice, but some re-try or true up automation could be great here.

I’m trying to escape the “you’ve got one moment to grab data, and it has to be ready at that precise moment or you miss out” scenarios.

As potential solutions, let me ingest for 1 day in arrears and also 2 days in arrears. This way I know I have a non-manual fallback, and also any corrections or updates made in Redshift to my source data are ingested to Gainsight.

Or, provide more “kickoff” options in AE. Currently, I am restricted to a point-in-time calendar-based schedule. I would love to use an Event or something like it. If I could kickoff an ingest when my Redshift warehouse signals it’s ready, I would ingest data in more real-time and have fewer needs to run something Historical.

Be the first to reply!