Admin defined views for Timeline

Related products: None

Gainsight Admins should be able to “push” views to Timeline, the same way they can Cockpit views today.  Here are a few use cases:

• Authored by Current User and Company is not managed as Customer
    • Help CSMs find activities where they selected the wrong account and update with the correct account information
  • Creating a view for all accounts within a hierarchy
    • Helps CSMs with complex account hierarchies find all Timeline activities for the parent and child accounts

Hello @angela_domenichelli, thank you for your post. This idea sounds great and is being sent over to our Product Manger to look into and get back to you to check the possibilities of the same. 

@angela_domenichelli Thank you so much for adding this Product Idea. We will definitely look into this and update once the idea has been added to our roadmap.

Agreed - I’ve tried to train users on setting these up, but it would be very helpful to just be able to push it to them.

It has been an specific request from our CSMs to have a default/universal view created for the CSMs.

It has been a specific request from our CSMs to have a default/universal view created for the CSMs.

@kumaranbcak Can you please elaborate on the issues faced by your CSMs? Is the View option for CSM not helpful in solving the issue?

@angela_domenichelli YES!!!! 100%!!!!! It is so silly that we can create admin defined views for Cockpit, but not Global Timeline. I spend too much time training users on how to create custom views, and troubleshooting their issues when their custom view is unsuccessful.

There are so many use cases for this need, but here are just a few from my end:

• Author  = Current User
  • Company > CSM = Current User
  • Company > Sales Rep = Current User
  • Author  = Current User AND Activity Date >= Today (to find mistakes in activity logging)

I have over 150 users of Gainsight. I can’t triage and train every user on creating custom filter views.

The most important thing here is to have consistency in the Gainsight experience, not only as an Admin but also as a User. Cockpit already has system-defined view (My CTAs, Overdue CTAs, Closed CTAs...)...Global Timeline just has Default View. Please prioritize a consistent product experience for both user and admin with this request.

Thanks for sharing the use cases @sarahmiracle. Giving the ability to admin to push views will definitely make it a valuable experience for the CSMs and also making it simpler for our admins. We will look into this. Once I have more clarity on when this can be picked up, I will update this thread.

Thanks for sharing the use cases @sarahmiracle. Giving the ability to admin to push views will definitely make it a valuable experience for the CSMs and also making it simpler for our admins. We will look into this. Once I have more clarity on when this can be picked up, I will update this thread.

This also goes hand in hand with this post: 

for Objective level custom views on Success Plans. @ophirsw FYI. Not strictly a UI thing but a continuity thing if you’re interested :)

+1 to this, it would be so helpful, especially since the advanced filters can be confusing for the end user.

Gainsight filters are not intuitive for end users. It would be so useful to have the ability to push out custom views for timeline, especially since we can do this for other areas of the system.

Some use cases are for specific types of accounts, we just rolled out our digital pooled segment, and the CSMs who manage those accounts don’t need to see every account, just ones that fall into that segment. Creating a view that they can select would make things so much easier.

Additionally, for managers trying to get a quick overview of accounts for their direct reports, and individual CSMs looking at their own accounts. 

This ability would make things so much easier for everyone reviewing timeline activities. 

Is anyone aware of when this will be on the roadmap?

I wish this would have been considered as an enhancement when Gainsight started working on the new Horizonized-Timeline for admins that releases in February

Bumping this post because I cannot believe that this functionality does not exist! Please add this to the next timeline update!!!!

Agree with everyone above. End users are not trained on how to configure filters and do not necessarily understand the lookups or which fields should be selected for their desired outcome. I’d really love the ability to push admin defined views to our end users - would be a huge time saver!