Adjusting columns on the new cockpit view

Related products: None

Hey! I was checking out the new view on GS, and noticed that adjusting columns is difficult. You can’t shrink them to the size you want, and you can’t expand columns without having the columns to the right be pushed farther out of view. See video for reference. 

https://share.vidyard.com/watch/DoPZ74CDXGJuoND5qkcnGP? 

@gunjanm @lindseyyoung5 

@dan_ahrens new Horizon experience on the Cockpit still a little buggy? Or would this be expected?

+1.

We can move towards to Right side, but not to the Left side on any field in CTA Section.

Hey! I was checking out the new view on GS, and noticed that adjusting columns is difficult. You can’t shrink them to the size you want, and you can’t expand columns without having the columns to the right be pushed farther out of view. See video for reference. 

https://share.vidyard.com/watch/DoPZ74CDXGJuoND5qkcnGP? 

Ex:

Unsure if I should start a new post for this one, but we also lost the ability to have 2 groupings. For example, you can only organize by “Next Task Due Date” or “Type”, whereas before we could do both. Adding onto this, I can no longer see the Task’s due date, only the CTA due date, when I am grouping by Type. 

Only being able to see the due date of the CTA is misleading, especially in cases where there are multiple stages involved (e.g. send email reminder on 11/2/20, schedule SBR on 12/2/20, seasonal prep on 4/1/20, due date of CTA 4/1/20). I’ve already missed a couple Task due dates for customers because their CTAs aren’t due for awhile, but a task was. 

Nvm on the last comment, I found a way to add “Next Task Due Date” as a column. 

@dan_ahrens new Horizon experience on the Cockpit still a little buggy? Or would this be expected?

It should not be buggy. :)

I’ve asked for our Product leads on this feature to take a look. 

Hey! I was checking out the new view on GS, and noticed that adjusting columns is difficult. You can’t shrink them to the size you want, and you can’t expand columns without having the columns to the right be pushed farther out of view. 

@foster.sean92 , We have set a minimum width for the columns. You can’t shrink the column smaller that its defined minimum width. Also, when you resize, the columns to the right will be pushed further. That’s the expected behavior since the total horizontal width is not fixed.

I can no longer see the Task’s due date, only the CTA due date, when I am grouping by Type. 

The task’s due date which was shown below the tasks in the old interface has been moved to a new column called “Next task due date”. Please add that column to your CTAs and you should have that capability.

we also lost the ability to have 2 groupings. For example, you can only organize by “Next Task Due Date” or “Type”, whereas before we could do both. 

In old interface, you could group only by one criteria. Can you please clarify what you meant by 2 groupings? Thanks.

@sriram pasupathi thanks for the reply. Who defined the “minimum width” ? The “Status” column is huge, tons of empty white space, but the left limit won’t let you make it any smaller. However, the “CTA Column” you’re for some reason able to shrink it more, to the point it blocks off text. 

I don’t have a screenshot of the old interface… But beforehand we could have the primary grouping be “Type”, for example, and then also be able to have the CTAs within each Type be organized by “Due Date.” 

@foster.sean92 What you have pointed out is reasonable. We will be revisiting the minimum width criteria.

I don’t have a screenshot of the old interface… But beforehand we could have the primary grouping be “Type”, for example, and then also be able to have the CTAs within each Type be organized by “Due Date.” 

This functionality is still available. You can group by “Type” in the dropdown and you can organize (i.e. sort) by selecting the column header based on which you want to organize.

We have moved the “sort by” (i.e. organize) from drop down to column header.

Using your image to point out the areas to click:

@sriram pasupathi thank you for the tips!! This works for me. 

@sriram pasupathi  is the intent for changes to column order to stick after a refresh? I’m having some team members complain that whenever they refresh their page the columns go back to the original order. I’ve validated that this is occurs for me as well.
Thanks in advance!

@Tommy It is supposed to be sticky. Can you raise a support ticket for the same so that the team can look into it? Thanks.

@Tommy did you get a chance to create a support ticket? Do you want me to create a ticket on your behalf?

@sai_ram  I did create that ticket last week. The ID is 119191

@sai_ram  I did create that ticket last week. The ID is 119191

@Tommy Thanks for the update, our team will get back to you.

Is sticky Cockpit column widths a related Idea here or should I create something new for that?

End Proctoring-

@ashleyyoung @jamieordway please add some votes!

End Proctoring-

Since we are unable to shrink the columns, it would be helpful if they were narrower to begin with, since the option exists to expand them to any size we prefer

@KK2 @gunjanm Sticky column widths and narrower widths are in development. We expect it to be shipped by 6.27. Thank you!

Hello Everyone!

I’m happy to announce that your request has been implemented in Gainsight NXT (link). The Cockpit Horizon Experience now gives CSMs more control over column width, and preserves changes to column width when the page refreshes.