Adjustable Task Due Dates on CTAs

Related products: CS Cockpit & Playbooks

I've spoken with a couple customers over the last week who would like some flexibility in task due dates in Cockpit. Specifically, a painpoint called out that when CSMs need to adjust timing for a CTA + Playbook, they need to adjust all the associated task due dates. They'd like a way to have task due dates in a playbook 'reset' if one of the prior playbook tasks is pushed out.  Happy to provide more context on that if it's helpful. 

I've also heard a request for tasks that have no due dates at all (more just a checklist of items that need to be completed, by the time the CTA is closed). But they don't want to see those tasks as overdue in Cockpit (just the overall CTA). 
Our team would benefit from this greatly. For instance our business review CTA the first task is to set a date and often times the customer doesn't get back to us right away which means the following tasks would quickly become overdue. If we were to allow tasks to not have dates then we would simply wait until we had a date locked in before adding dates for the following tasks, or if we had the ability to simultaneously update the rest of the tasks it would save us from continuing to push out individual dates that depended on the first task. 
I agree the CSM should have the option to propagate a change the due date on a task or CTA to the remaining tasks in CTA, but it should be an option.   Just because you change the due date on one task doesn't necessarily mean the remaining tasks have to be adjusted.

So when you are changing the due date of a CTA or a task, you should get a pop-up that asks "Adjust all tasks within CTA?" with a Reason field and they can answer yes or no and provide a brief reason for the change.
That would be ideal, Jeff!
It would be handy to be able to set a dependency relationship between a subset of tasks in a playbook. In a similar situation to Heather's comment, I'd want a due date for the 'schedule a business review' task and have dependent tasks due X days after completion of the first task.
This is very important for us too. I'm hearing from our AMs that they are becoming less productive with Gainsight because they have to spend too much time adjusting task dates.
We find that we have the same challenge with user efficiency and adoption due to the lack of inherited data changes.
This enhancement will be available in our Jan 2016 release. 
See this article for more information on the new CTA and task due date management options. These changes will be live in Gainsight on January 7.
Any chance that an enhancement could be made that would enable a CTA Due Date to be updated to a date that is prior to any of the task due dates? Our CSMs face the issue often where they update a CTA Due Date and it happens to fall before a last task due date. In our case, our playbooks are simply guidelines for tasks to complete an interaction .. the dates on tasks should not hamper data entry for the CSM. Thanks!