Adding Reporting Categories CTA Status

Related products: None

I have a customer that would like to be able to add to reporting category for the CTA Status. 

They would like to be able to add custom ones outside of the Open, Closed Won, and Closed Lost. 

@dan_ahrens Do you know the specific reason why we aren't able to add or edit the CTA Status Reporting Categories?

@aditya_marla - are you able to provide your thoughts here, please?

@cameron_wright @faust_belarmino : We dont allow adding new reporting categories to status because we determine whether a CTA is open or closed based on the reporting category. Any CTA in a status which has its reporting category as “Closed Won” or “Closed Lost” is considered complete. If we allow customizing that, we would need to add another layer of mapping to let us know whether the CTA is considered open or closed for the new reporting category.

Also, is there any reason to not add a new status vs using a new reporting category?

@cameron_wright @faust_belarmino : We dont allow adding new reporting categories to status because we determine whether a CTA is open or closed based on the reporting category. Any CTA in a status which has its reporting category as “Closed Won” or “Closed Lost” is considered complete. If we allow customizing that, we would need to add another layer of mapping to let us know whether the CTA is considered open or closed for the new reporting category.

Also, is there any reason to not add a new status vs using a new reporting category?

Thanks for the reply! We learned this the hard way… haha. We created new CTA statuses and a new CTA category. We soon realized that the reports we created for open/closed objectives weren’t adding up correctly. 

+1 to this as we’ve gone the route of creating new statuses. Reporting based on CTA status is getting difficult to digest given the vast number of options available. Since there are quite a few that could be grouped together (ex: Recycle L1, Recycle L2, etc) the thinking was that a reporting category could be the solution for cleaning up how the data is presented.

Wondering if there is any consideration being made for expanding the reporting categories here. I understand how it can become complicated, however we’ve found a use care for a neutral closing of a CTA. We have Success Plan Objectives that the CSM works on throughout the year. The CTA will be closed at the end of the year no matter what, and we find Won vs. Lost too restrictive for some goals. Using a custom status wouldn’t currently work for us because we’re using the status to show progress toward the goal (ie. new/work in progress/25% complete, 50% complete etc). We’d want to show closed objectives that were at 50%, for example. While I could use a custom field for percentages and add a Closed Neutral status, I’d still have to assign a Reporting Category and it doesn’t feel right to assign Won or Lost - it’s just closed.