Adding a CTA by email

Related products: None

Hey Gainsight, I'm still getting used to the product and couldn't find this in the support page...but is there any way to create a CTA via an email? 

My company is heavily rooted in outlook and we get direct emails from our client base on frequent basis, being able to shoot an email to a gainsight email address like with Salesforce Chatter would be incredibly useful.

Thanks in advance!
We thought about this, but not in roadmap yet. I have a few questions on this!

1. Are you expecting a new CTA to be created with the subject of the email as CTA name and the body to be in comments?

2. How do you think an update on this CTA to be handled? By forwarding the entire thread again to gainsight and have the whole thread updated? This gets tricky because the comments section would get ugly with bigger responses.

3. Will you be fine with the images being stripped off because the CTA comments do not support images as of yet.

4. Do you expect a plugin to be installed on outlook / email client to better manage this CTA instead?
Thanks for your time!
I like the idea of the Email to CTA, but I can see that there are a number of logistics involved. That said, you mention plugin. WebEx has an MSFT Outlook plugin that works great and is supremely useful - I'd get tons of value from that. Plus, the solution increases 'stickiness'.  
Hello Sundar, my apologies for not getting back to you apparently we need to white list the community site!

To you questions:

1. This is what I was imagining with an addition to a rule that would allow "email created" CTAs to be set with specific due dates.

2. My personal use of this would not be to constantly update the CTA using the email feature, it would simply be to create CTAs on the fly based on emails I get from my customer base.

3. Image stripping would be fine, I think that would just clutter things.

4. I am currently testing out the salesforce for outlook plug-in which theoretically will allow us to create tasks from email, then from there we could use the rules engine to identify and create CTAs around these tasks.
Thanks for your input Joe. Definitely makes sense to keep it simple.

Will keep you posted on updates on this.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Email Integration for CTA Creation / Cockpit Integration.

It would be helpful to be able create CTAs/tasks directly from an email in Gmail. Perhaps a rules based "suggest a CTA" which looks for emails from key deployment contacts, and auto-populates the account/relationship, and task name based on the email subject.
We are also getting an increase in demand for this feature - with our CSM's currently in adoption mode for Gainsight

I would strongly recommend this as a feature for Gainsight.
This is something that we are currently struggling with as well. Is there any update on if this is planned (my apologies if it is and I missed it). Would be very interested in being able to use a plug-in for outlook to create a CTA; due to the heavy volume of emails we receive. Would also be nice to have the ability to add an email task via the plugin directly to an existing CTA. This would allow us to easily keep track of the responses we receive to emails that we send from a CTA, since the replies currently go to outlook. 

Thanks,

Denim  
I have a customer that has presented another use case for this email-to-CTA functionality.  Would appreciate update on this thread or if any of the Sally Bot architecture helps bring this closer to fruition? 
Gainsight integration with MS Outlook is definitively a must have.

I am more thinking about CTA or Timeline tasks updates instead of creating them.
One of my CSMs asked me if this was possible today, also.

"Is there a way in GS to

automatically log an email into an account as a closed CTA or event like in

SFDC. In SFDC when you send an email you can have it attached as a note in the

contact record automatically?"

Hey,

I see this is a very old request, and has quite a few upvotes. My team is also very interested in this option. Any chance that it’ll be in the roadmap anytime soon? :)

Thanks,

Tal

This could be cool as an add-on to the email plugin! 

End Proctoring-

Yes exactly @gunjanm !

All, we currently don’t have any plan for this but I will redirect this to the email assist team for future consideration. Thanks.

cc @chethana 

Hello All,
we have this feature in our roadmap, which will allow convert any email to CTA.I will keep you posted once it is prioritized.

@chethana has there been any update on where this is prioritized on the roadmap?  I am also working on adoption and this has been brought up a couple of times. Having this feature in Gainsight Assist for Outlook where they can create CTAs for themselves or others based on an email they are posting to the timeline would be very helpful.

@Bhawya could we share something here?

Hi team,

The Cockpit team does not have this on the short-term roadmap, but from comments, I can see that the GS Everywhere team was working on something. I am going to check with the GS Everywhere team and update this thread.

Thanks,

Monica

Hi team,

The Cockpit team does not have this on the short-term roadmap, but from comments, I can see that the GS Everywhere team was working on something. I am going to check with the GS Everywhere team and update this thread.

Thanks,

Monica

Hi! Are there any updates on this topic somewhere? (probably it’s in the another place where I haven’t searched yet, because I see this one topic initially is pretty old)

Hi Team,

Good Day !!!

Any updates on this feature ?  

Hello Team - I see this has been a long pending ask and something that would greatly help. We could look into, however this will need prioritisation. I will keep this group posted when it gets picked up for development.