Add Person improvement suggestion

Related products: None

Quite a number of our team are frustrated with the Add Person functionality in Gainsight. It's come up several times over the past months

Attached is an exchange that happened recently, and also a suggested way to resolve the frustration. Name blacked out for privacy, of course.

It would be great if the Add Person workflow was smoother.

@GarethR sorry for the inconvenience, we understand it. I am considering this as high priority and will get back to you. 

@GarethR Do you have any ideas to make this better? I mean how do you think this can be more user-friendly? 

Hi @GarethR 

We are looking into adding a Person along with the resolution from the email page. Will keep you posted on the release timelines once we start development.

Thank you for your feedback

Preethi

@sai_ram, thank you for taking this into consideration. 

You can see a suggestion in the screenshot I attached in my original post.

Generally, it would be awesome if adding new contacts would be faster. I understand the need for searching to make sure we are not creating duplicates.

What if the user flow was Click Add Person > Enter details > On clicking save, background search for potential duplicate email addresses and then warn the user if there is a potential duplicate. 

This way the user would not have to perform a search before adding a new contact.

It would also be great if there was a way to parse new contacts from Gainsight Assist. For example, matching a potential new contact to an account then the next time the user logs in, they get a notification to confirm the allocation of this new contact to said account, or another account if the suggested match was not correct. When they confirm the account, any email that is sitting in drafts would automatically be mapped to that account's timeline.

Does that make sense?

@GarethR Thanks for the detailed feedback.

@pgeorge do you agree with him?

Hi @GarethR 

This is great feedback. We are working on improving the Person detail view and I have made a note of your feedback to be included in the Add Person flow.

We are also working to improve the Email Assist flow to create People records instead of creating Drafts

@chethana is helping me on this

Thank you

Preethi