Add last timeline entry to the relationship

Related products: None

I would like the notes and date of the last timeline entry made on an R360 to be available on GS Relationship.

We have reports showing client overall health (and many other GS Relationship data elements) where it would be helpful to show the last timeline date and notes so the viewer doesn’t have to click into each R360 to find that information.  It will save a lot of time for the viewer.

Hi @mary_taylor - this use case can be accomplished using Data Designer by using data fetches and transformations to get just the most recent timeline entry for each relationship. More info on data designer here: https://support.gainsight.com/SFDC_Edition/View_More_Categories/Data_Designer_(BETA)/About/Data_Designer_(BETA)_Overview

Hi @dan_ahrens ,

We can’t use Data Designer to create any tables until they provide the ability to link to other objects. That’s an open feature request we have.  Right now it’s not of use to us because there is no ability in the final table to lookup to other objects and we need to be able to lookup to Relationship to get to the other data we need for reporting and have hotlinks to the relationship and the account.

Do you mean that you want to add two custom fields to the Relationship object to show the notes and date of the last timeline entry for each relationship? 

@dan_ahrens Yes.  I know we can do it ourselves, but our Gainsight team thought that it was best to be done by Gainsight as other clients would benefit as well.  And we don’t want to write a rule on the MDA side to push that data as it would probably take a long time to run.

@mary_taylor completely got your use-case, I am checking with the product team.

@mary_taylor This is already there in our long term road-map, to change the priority of the road-map let me ask other customers to vote. 

@All, please vote here to change the priority of the road-map. We will definitely change the priority of the road-map based on customer's interests.