Add Identifiers to Engagement Rules

Related products: CS Rules & Permissions

Engagement rules are easier to manage for conditions like metric a x dropped  by y % over metric b in the past z weeks so in some cases I'd prefer to use engagement rules. A drawback is that the CTA activity lacks the "use identifiers" check box which allows for more broad usage of standard reasons and types across multiple auto CTA actions.

Can we either make it easier to manage these conditions in custom rules or add the use identifiers feature to the engagement rules? 
Daniel, Love your feedback. 

As the product roadmap is to move towards robust Custom rules which is powerful and flexible, I agree that we should make the process of building the custom rules easier for the scenarios like dropped by / increased by. I assure you that this is considered and the team is working on making it simple.

I understand that you have used calculated field in custom rule, let me know your feedback on that. Thanks for your time.
Hi Sundar,

We have not used a calculated column yet and I'd prefer to not go that route. The recommendation from the Rules Engine session was to use MDA data which has some limitations in that we can't create calculations at the Account level. In order to accomplish that we need to add new metrics and some complicated aggregation rules to replicate the instance level data at the account level. And then we have to wait until we can assign owners to MDA instance level aggregation CTAs. This is not ideal in that it is complicated, reliant on workarounds and a product release.

Thanks,

Daniel
Got it! 

We are going to enhance the capability of supporting instance level and account level (esp when instance level data is there). Assigning a CTA owner from MDA source data is going to get easier starting with September release (17th). 

Thanks
Hi Sundar,

Based on my understanding, there's still the problem of having to create additional aggregation rules to handle MDA data at the account level. The old engagement rules handle this more easily. For some context, we have what I feel are a complex set of aggregation rules, 13 rules right now, so I don't want to add more complexity if it can be avoided.

Thanks.