Add Fiscal Quarter Filters in Reports on MDA Objects

Related products: None

Group by quarters honors the fiscal quarters only on SFDC objects and not MDA objects. This is limiting our capability to add reports (from both SFDC and MDA objects) in a dashboard with filters to drill down on fiscal quarters. Any update on adding fiscal quarter capability in reporting? I wonder how this works in Gainsight NXT?

Group by quarters honors the fiscal quarters only on SFDC objects and not MDA objects. This is limiting our capability to add reports (from both SFDC and MDA objects) in a dashboard with filters to drill down on fiscal quarters. Any update on adding fiscal quarter capability in reporting? I wonder how this works in Gainsight NXT?

@aparimala  

Fiscal Periods can be divided into Standard and Custom. Standard follow the regular calendar (Start of a month) and Custom fiscal years can be set as per your need. More details can be found here. Can you confirm what fiscal period definition you use in SFDC - Standard or Custom? 

We use standard fiscal year where our starting month is not Jan. and reporting on any SFDC object when using “group by” is showing fiscal quarters provided I don’t use any date filters in the report.

However reporting on MDA objects using group by and showing fiscal quarters is simply not possible.

Hi @aparimala I moved your feedback to a new Idea post for better tracking. 

Has anyone come up with a work around for this?

@anthonysabato there is a workaround involving the rules. We have added this to our product backlog. 

@sai_ram  I’d be curious to hear the workaround. I have some ideas but I’m open to more.

@sai_ram @anthonysabato I just read this post and it looks related where folks have upvoted asking for FY and FQ  ability to be added when reporting on MDA data. 

It looks like many others ran into this issue before I did.

@aparimala  Thanks I voted there as well. Really wish there was a fix already, this just seems silly it wasnt addressed when the product was created!

This is affecting us as well.  I need to be able to report on scores for accounts up for renewal by Fiscal quarter - among other things.  Is this coming anytime soon??  What is the workaround? @sai_ram  @rakesh  

Hello Everyone,

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and implemented in the Horizon Analytics in both SFDC NXT versions. Horizon Analytics has new capabilities such as responsive charts and dashboards, flexible dashboards with more widgets (Image, Web Page, Rich Text), etc. 

Following are the major advantages of Horizon Analytics:

• New and improved User Interface based on the Gainsight Horizon Design System.

• Easy access to a list of Reports and Dashboards.

• Easy to share your Report and Dashboard through PPT or Link.

• Ability to retrieve the deleted Reports or Dashboards from the Trash folder.

• Easy to enable/disable the Report data downloads (including external links)

• Easy to enable/disable the lazy loading of Report Widgets.

• Easy to select the Color Palette, either Gainsight Defaults or Custom Colors.

• Simplified drag and drop capability for adding fields to the Report.

Thanks for posting!