Add Calendar Integration to Journey Orchestrator (Email Templates)

Related products: CS Data Management & Integrations

I'm trying to solve for a use case that has come up a couple times. If I have a set of customers, let's say, users who have open support tickets that have been unresolved for 1 week with upcoming renewals in 120 days, I would like to send them an email through JO from the CSM on the account with a link to their calendar to schedule a call. This would leverage a tool like Calendly or TimeTrade but would continue/branch the program based upon the response within the tool. If a meeting was scheduled within Calendly there would be a followup email confirming the meeting that continues the program, if no meeting scheduled, there would be a short follow up email that ends the outreach.

Hi Jake, this is an interesting use case indeed.

• Can you share a little more about the other steps on the journey after the customer does schedule a call, in continuation of the program?

• Are you interested in knowing if the call was scheduled or is it more important to know it really took place (for example, what if customer schedules but then is a no show)?

• If a customer does not schedule a call, would you want to escalate this by creating a CTA for the CSM on the account?

Hi Dan,

After a call is scheduled, I'd like to send an email confirming the call with the customer and create a CTA for the CSM with a playbook based upon the type of call scheduled. If the customer does not schedule a call, I'd like to send a follow up email to the customer with the CSMs contact info and create a CTA for the CSM.

Thanks Jake, this is helpful. It looks like Calendly has some APIs that could be used to notify external systems when an event is scheduled.

We created a custom object API that can be used to push information into a Gainsight custom object: more info here.

The workflow you are looking for could work by linking the Calendly API to publish when events are created and then push that data into a Gainsight custom MDA object. This is pretty advanced and would require some scripting/light programming work, but should be quite doable.

Here's a sample workflow:

• Support event triggers a JO program which invites the customer to schedule a call

• Calendly would push out event creation data which would be inserted into Gainsight MDA object

• Use a conditional wait in the JO program to look for data in that custom MDA object that indicates the call was scheduled, which if scheduled, triggers the CTA for the CSM with an attached playbook. If the call is not scheduled at the expiration of that conditional wait, trigger a different CTA to the CSM notifying them of a different task (you could include an Email Assist task in the playbook for the CSM to send).
This would be a pretty advanced configuration, but thanks to the world of APIs, it should be doable.

Thanks Dan! Could this also be used with respect to TimeTrade? https://www.timetrade.com/about/news-events/news-item/timetrade-releases-version-4-with-extended-api-support-for-customization-and-integration/

Jake - did you end up going with either solution?

Hi Kelly,

I went with a bit of a hybrid. Calendar links for teams and individual CSMs will be mapped within SFDC and used within JO Programs when automating emails and coordinating meetings. Customers will receive links to their CSMs calendar to schedule a time and the conditional wait is dependant on if the link was clicked or not. If clicked we assume they intended to schedule a meeting so the CSM will confirm and follow up. If not clicked, we close out with an email. Hope this helps!

Thanks Jake. Did you end up with either Calendly or TimeTrade?

Timetrade for this case

Hi Team, 

Do we any planned ETA for this feature? One of our customer is looking to use this feature in programs. 

Best,

Hardik

Hi I see there are a few ideas on this, I know I added a use case already in another post but this is so very important for us!!

We need the ability to tokenize or create a a “Download to calendar” button in JO, rather than only attach the .ICS file to the JO program.

The idea is, somewhere in GS we could upload the .ICS meeting file, then this would generate a URL for us to be able to attach to the button in the JO email template.

When the JO email was sent, the end user could then click on this button, and it would automatically pull up the calendar invite and allow them to save/RSVP that invite to their outlook calendar (or whatever calendar software they use).

This would help us tremendously! Please add this feature!

We are doubling down on JO integrations and this is one of the use-case we want to solve. I will update the ETA as soon as we have more clarity.

We use timetrade, and this will be a great plus for our CS team.