Add Attachments to Outreaches

Related products: None

Currently, the only way to add an attachment (that I know of) is at the Template level.  It would be valuable to add specific attachments to individual outreaches (or nodes of an advanced outreach).  

Use case:  I'm currently automating email campaigns to specific customers.  When I create an outreach/advanced outreach, I would like to include a document on that Customer's letterhead.  Currently, I have to modify the template prior to each outreach to attach a specific letter.  If I could attach the document at the outreach level, I would be able to include the letter when I am setting token values.
Hi Adam, can you help me understand a little more around your request? Are you looking to allow the attachment name to be tokenized as well so that the outreach execution would grab the appropriately named unique customer document?
Would it be possible to attach the document to the individual variants directly in the advanced outreach? i.e. As you're going through and setting the tokens, there would be an option to add attachments.  Alternatively, tokenizing the attachment name should also work.  Thanks!
Hi Adam,

I'm not following your example of adding individual attachments for individual recipients "as you're going through and setting the tokens".

The setting of tokens works very similarly to a mail merge, in that you aren't manually typing information for each mail recipient but rather telling the system where to look to get that information (powerlist, csv, etc). 
When viewing an email node within an advanced outreach (the top of the screen includes the "To:", "Reply-To:", "From Name:" options), is it possible to include an "Add Attachment" option?

I think the confusion lies in the fact that all participants in the AO will receive the SAME attachment. 

I want to use the same template for multiple outreaches, but include an attachment specific to a customer.  Currently, the only place to add an attachment is by attaching it to the template.

For example:

I would like to send Template 1 to the power list for Customer A and Customer B.  I would like to include a branded attachment to Customer A and Customer B, respectively.

Currently, I have to:

1.) Attach the Customer A letter to the Template,

2.) Create the outreach for Customer A

3.) Attach the Customer B letter to the Template,

4.) Create the outreach for Customer B.

I would like to:

1.) Create the outreach for Customer A

2.) Attach the Customer A letter directly from the email node within the Advanced Outreach

3.) Create the outreach for Customer B

4.) Attach the Customer B letter directly from the email note within the Advanced Outreach

It would eliminate the possibility of sending the wrong attachment, if a user forgets to update the template.
Hi Adam,

We can have different attachments for variants within email template and use variant filters at AO/ Outreaches to send email variant based on Customer A /  customer B.

Example: 

1.  Create 2 variants in email template targeted for Customer A and Customer B

2. Attach Customer A letter to variant 1 and  Customer B letter to variant 2

3. Apply variant filter at AO / Outreach level to target variant 1 for Customer A and variant 2 for Customer B
Thanks,

Vinay
Although using variants and filters is a suitable short term workaround, I don't think it is scalable. 

If I were to use the same template and include a variant for each customer, it would become cluttered quickly when dealing with 40+ customers.  Additionally, the timing of outreaches is not the same for each customer (outreaches begin once a customer signs a contract, so they begin on a rolling basis), so I would much prefer to manage individual outreaches, rather than re-using a single outreach multiple times.
Adam, would you intend to manually attach the document to each customer variant? If you have to manually edit each individual outreach, I'm not sure that this use case would work with CoPilot given the automated nature of outreaches. 

This sounds like a use case more closely aligned with Email Assist. Have you taken a look at this feature? https://support.gainsight.com/Training_and_Videos/Training_Videos/Intro_to_Email_Assist_Tasks_(9_min...