Add ability to update playbooks on existing CTAs

Related products: None

I thought the capability already existed, but it appears updating a CTA will only apply a playbook if there was not already a playbook attached. I've never had a situation arise, until now, where I needed this capability - but I can see a greater need for it down the road.

Is there any reason why this functionality shouldn't be possible? If not, I would like to request that it get added, because there's definitely a solid use case for it.

If I've missed something, and there IS a way to update playbooks on existing CTAs (without deleting/readding) then please let me know that as well.

The Playbook Revamp along with this enhancement is now being planned as a part of Q3 2022. 

Hi @mpatra - curious if there is an update on the timing of this? We have thousands of CTAs that currently have an open playbook that we’d like to add a task to retroactively. As an admin and as processes/resources/content are changing, it feels important that we have the tools to do these bulk edits to update existing CTAs.

Hi @ryan_lehman ,

While the Playbook redesign has been delayed, we have provided an option to Update CTA in the new Horizon Rules. You will be able to create a Rule to Update Playbook in existing CTAs using the new Horizon Rules. It is in Beta right now. Adding @rakesh here in case, you have any questions about the new Horizon Rules.

Thanks,

Monica

Hi @ryan_lehman ,

While the Playbook redesign has been delayed, we have provided an option to Update CTA in the new Horizon Rules. You will be able to create a Rule to Update Playbook in existing CTAs using the new Horizon Rules. It is in Beta right now. Adding @rakesh here in case, you have any questions about the new Horizon Rules.

Thanks,

Monica

Hi @mpatra I don’t see there’s an option to replace playbook in existing CTAs using thew new Horizon Rules. Please advise.

@phoebem It should show up once you select the CTA type.

I’ve used the “Update to” playbook action in the horizon rules as described above. However, we really need the ability to “Append” a playbook so that we don’t wipe out the playbook currently applied. Upvoting this.