Access Timeline Drafts

Related products: None

We don't have the Global Timeline enabled for our CSMs because there currently isn’t a way to restrict this view so that one CSM only sees their accounts in the feed. Is there an update to when this will be implemented?

One of my CSMs got an email today that she’s reached her draft limit (which I found to be 50 from an older post.) I can’t see her drafts when I enable the Global Timeline, so I can’t help her delete them from there. Sounds like there’s maybe a rule I can run to do that?

The post linked above also asked for use cases as to why draft limits should be increased, and for us the fact that there’s currently this permissions limitation to the Global Timeline creates a use case where CSMs can’t effectively manage their drafts and delete/assign them. We have lots of emails end up in drafts because CSMs are sending emails to customers associated to two different companies without realizing it (which is due to Gainsight not having an ideal way to automatically remove the company association for our own users who used to be associated to one company and are now only associated to a different company).

Hi @kleasure - can you share a bit more about why you don’t want CSMs to see the Timeline for accounts that they aren’t assigned? There are many good reasons to allow broader collaboration with all employees on Timeline beyond just the designated account team. Are your concerns around confidentiality or other reasons?

@dan_ahrens It’s a security practice at our company to only provide access to client data to the ones who have a need for it, so across the board in the technologies we use no CSM has access to all accounts. I can see both sides of the argument, but I don’t think it’s an uncommon practice to limit CSM access to just their territory (and also don’t have the authority to make that call). 

But back to the topic at hand re: drafts in the timeline, it’s causing a real headache for us that the Global Timeline is the only place they can be accessed, and only by the person who created them (even though this has been inconsistent in our experience). 

@kleasure We are working on honoring Gainsight permissions in the global timeline. After this, users who don’t have access to an account will not be able to see Timeline activities of that account in Global Timeline as well.

@kleasure We are working on honoring Gainsight permissions in the global timeline. After this, users who don’t have access to an account will not be able to see Timeline activities of that account in Global Timeline as well.

That’s great, thank you!