Ability to View Timeline in Success Plan Objectives for Viewer Users

Related products: CS Timeline

We have a use case where our CSMs share Success Plans with internal users that may/may not have Viewer permissions. Our CSMs want to be able to have the Timeline tab within the Objective CTA visible to internal users. Reasoning for this request is for the CSMs to be able to share timeline updates on objectives with other internal users. Currently, internal users would only be able to see the overall CTA details with no visibility on updates tracked in timeline.

Hi @kcsp :

Could you share some details on what teams the internal users are from (and whether they have access to the CRM system) ? For the users who have viewer licenses, one alternative could be to access the success plan from a widget. That way the get access to the Objective timeline as well

Regards

@kcsp did you get a chance to view comments posted by @aditya_marla

Hi @aditya_marla & @sai_ram 

This issue is related to other teams that don’t have Viewer licenses, as every employee will not have a Gainsight license. If a CSM shares a Success Plan with someone that doesn’t have a Gainsight license (Full or Viewer), they are only able to see the Customer and Call to Action tabs within the Objective, but are unable to view the Timeline tab. 

I understand that exposing all the details in Timeline sometimes may not be preferred, but there are times when we would want other teams to have access to this. I know that NXT is more flexible in terms of permission granting, is this permission granularity available in NXT? 

Got it. We will discuss this internally once, ideally, we would recommend all internal users (from other teams) to have a viewer license so that they can get access to all the data. The external sharing which shows limited data is primarily focused on sharing with your customers. 

Hi @kcsp - I’m on the PMM team at Gainsight and would love to connect with you directly to learn more about your use case and run some ideas by you. If it’s okay, I will shoot you an email so we can schedule some time to chat? 

@christine_friscic sounds good!

Hi @kcsp - I’m on the PMM team at Gainsight and would love to connect with you directly to learn more about your use case and run some ideas by you. If it’s okay, I will shoot you an email so we can schedule some time to chat? 

@christine_friscic Thank you!

@kcsp Thanks for the quick reply!!

@kcsp Our teammate @christine_friscic synced with you on this I think. Please let us know if you need any help on this. Thanks!!