Ability to type a Field API Name and have Analyzer return a full result set of anywhere that field is found in the Gainsight Instance.

Related products: None

With the Analyzer tool it would be awesome to search for a field and return a full result set where the field is used. This would ideally show any rules, reports (SFDC and MDA), Objects, C360 layouts, etc.

The use case is for cleaning up old fields in Gainsight. One of my tasks for a customer is to determine if a list of fields are used in Gainsight and how the are used. This functionality would greatly reduce the manual process that occurs now.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Hope you had a chance to look at the new feature "Data flow diagram" https://support.gainsight.com/View_More_Categories/Gainsight_Analyzer/Admin_Guides/02Object_Analyzer_Admin_Guide#Data_Flow_Diagram(NEW)

The enhancement we are planning to make to this is the ability to view data flow diagram at field level.

I.e you can select a field and view the DFD - which will list the usage of this field in rules and ingest jobs (Both SFDC & MDA).

Will keep you posted on the ETA

Thanks,

Lakshmi

Hi Jeff,

Field level DFD is available now,

It shows all the rules and ingest jobs and we are planning to add reports soon

Thanks and Regards,

Lakshmi

Hi @Lakshmi Chaitanya

I found the field level DFD but I failed to see where the field is used in reports. Will that be available soon? Maybe it's available but I cannot see it.

Also is it possible to start with a field name and find out in which object is can be found? Right now, I need to start with an object and our implementation may have created duplicate fields in different objects.

thanks!

Lyne