Ability to select Timline Activity Type when logging to Timeline via Gainsight Assist

Related products: CS Timeline

Our CS team is LOVING the new Gainsight Assist Chrome Extension, but we have 1 major request that would take it to the next level. Currently, all emails Logged to Timeline show up as an ‘Email’ activity type. In most cases this may make sense, but we have a few situations where we’d like to be able to select the activity type the email should be logged to.

One specific example is our team’s focus on Strategic Engagements with their customers. Currently, if they have a strategic conversation they are sending a follow up/recap email via Gainsight Assist that is being logged as an email. To ‘get credit’ and accurately report on our strategic engagements, they are then copy/pasting the recap into a new Strategic Engagement timeline activity and logging that via Global Timeline or the C360. It would save a lot of time if while sending their recap email they could select a drop down to log the recap as a strategic engagement instead of a generic email.

Love it. That’s a great product idea!

+1 from me. 

Thanks. @katie_b  @jean.nairon for your inputs. We have plan to introduce the activity type in upcoming roadmap. I will keep you posted once it is available.

@chethana  this is exactly what we are looking for here! Not all emails should be considered “email” activity type. Would be more useful to be able to categorize it as any activity type. 

needing to change the category after the fact defeats the purpose of the “ease” this great feature offers.

Any update on when this will make its way? Thanks!

Hello @Erseburse 
We have this planned as part of medium term roadmap,I will update on ETA .

@chethana  - looking forward to it!

@chethana  - I just had a CSM reach out to me on this and thought I would check in to see if any decisions have been made on ETA?

Hello @Erseburse 

I don’t have ETA yet, i will definitely share once i have that info.

We rolled out GS NXT in July, still very much working on CSM adoption. This issue has been called out as a blocker to daily use. Much communication occurs via email at this point of remote workers. I am very much interested in knowing the ETA for this planned GS Assist enhancement (select your activity type after selecting account) or Gainsight feature that allows user to edit the activity type of an email posted to timeline. Thanks!

This enhancement idea would deliver a HUGE efficiency gain for many CSMs who use Gainsight Email Assist by removing redundancy of sending the email assist, then having to navigate into the 360 imeline to update the email type.

Can we get a status update on here regarding this great idea, please?

This would be an amazing time saver. Our team would love to have this feature! 
@satyajeet  

@sriram pasupathi can we share anything latest for this idea?

@sriram pasupathi Hi There! Any update on when this might make it into the product roadmap? 

Yes please @sriram pasupathi an update would be great.  This is an important request for our team!!

Any update on this feature for the Outlook version? This would be game changing.

Any update on this? Looks like we’re 3+ years running on the “medium roadmap”. Having the same drop down menu for activity type when using Gainsight Assist would be critical for our CSM’s.

Big +1 to the comment above from bhutchison. Our CSM leadership team is very eager to get this implemented so that we save our CSMs time and can accurately track types of activities across our customers. 

This is on our Q4 roadmap. 

cc @anirbandutta @Abinash @Sowmya @manu_mittal 

Hey @arunabhat -- we have some work planned for this quarter that is contingent on this feature roll out. Can you confirm if this is still on track to be delivered? I want to ensure I am setting appropriate expectations with our leaders! 

This is still part of the Q4 plan, delivery timeline will depend on the effort involved. Estimation efforts are still work in progress. Will update here once the timelines are frozen.

Any updates here?  Our ELT is also requesting this to streamline their tracking of customer interactions.

Also, @anirbandutta seems like these might be similar?

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

Thanks Heather. Just merged the ideas.

Definitely on the table but things didn't crystallize any more from the last update.

This idea has nearly 70 votes, and has been around for over 3 years!  Is this ever going to see any attention?!