Ability to select either currency sign "$" or USD

Related products: None

HI Team, We’ve got a request from customer.

All of the currency fields in my reports are showing “USD” in front of the values. when I download the data, Excel does not recognise the columns as currency (they start with a letter, not a number). So customer wants to see $ instead of USD.

All of the columns in my reports that were currency fields before the Horizon changeover, now have a “USD” in front of the dollar amounts in the individual cells.  This is a problem because when I download the reports, Excel doesn’t recognize this as a currency field.  I either need a dollar sign “$” before the numbers or nothing at all.

@Aditya @jaketompkins  

We do show USD instead of $ because ISO code is unique not the symbol. In any spreadsheet software, it is very easy to split this into 2 columns. Adding @rahul_prayakarao for any feedback on excel download.

Yea this needs to change yesterday. We have a lot of financial reports, with currency fields, that are getting downloaded from Gainsight dashboards. Adding manual steps to convert the data from a download process invites potential errors and mistakes in the downstream of that data.

Yea this needs to change yesterday. We have a lot of financial reports, with currency fields, that are getting downloaded from Gainsight dashboards. Adding manual steps to convert the data from a download process invites potential errors and mistakes in the downstream of that data.

+@rahul_prayakarao 

Any update on the ability to switch back to the $ symbol instead of “USD”? This impacts almost all of our reports and our users want to see a cleaner version of our data with one character (“$”), not 3 (“USD”).

Not having the ability to show the “$” instead of USD is creating issues for us.  Our CS leaders are used to seeing financial numbers in the most simplified view possible (e.g. $) and are annoyed we can’t change it when they are viewing dashboards in Gainsight.  They are telling us they are hesitant to show this to other senior leaders in our company because of this.  We definitely don’t want them pulling data from Gainsight and then having other leaders view this data in excel or some other tool.  We want them in Gainsight to have a single place that has more controls.  

Any chance we will see progress here some time soon?

@john.cowles are you seeing the data in $ in the report builder but as USD when you are exporting it?

@rahul_prayakarao  Our issue is not about exporting at all.  It is in the Gainsight dashboards / reports.  We are trying to avoid having data exports and pushing our users to view the data in Gainsight.  Issues like this make it hard to do though.  

Understood. Thanks for clarifying. @Prateek Parashar kindly look into this.

Thanks for bringing this to our notice .

We have acknowledged this ask and its added to our roadmap, but no planning has been done on it yet so we are not in a position to commit anything more on it.

We will let this idea gain more votes and come back to it in the future.

No StatusAcknowledged

Updated idea statusNo StatusAcknowledged

Updated idea statusNo StatusAcknowledged