Ability to select a widget and have a report with the data revealed

Related products: CS Reports & Dashboards

This is a huge issue for us as we need the ability to select the widget within a dashboard and it pop up with a report that provides that

information.  Unfortunately today, we have to use our dashboard space

and create a widget and a report (details of the widget number) instead of the system showing the

report when the widget is selected.
Hey Amanda!  I know this is a common ask and I'll let the product team respond to specifics, but this IS on the radar and we are working towards it!
Hi Amanda, there might be a little bit of confusion here. A widget is a report with a single numerical value. For example, sum of ARR up for renewal this quarter. 

It sounds like maybe what you're asking for is to allow the widget to be linked to a second report that has more detail than the widget report. Is that a fair guess?
Yes the link to the actual report that provides the details is what is required, thank you
So here's the detail of what goes into a widget report. 

A widget view that might look like this:

Is driven by this report:

So as you can see, there are no details to drill into, just a single number. 

If we wanted to get more detail, you'd have to build a different report to show the drill in detail that you're looking for. 

Is this in line with what you were thinking?
Yes the ability to select the widget number and it drill into the report details, which could be defined by the admin/user (new report) as long as it did not take up space on the dashboard.
I got the same request from my team. For now, I had to build out separate reports and add them in the dashboard but it'd be great if we could get what Amanda suggested i.e. an expanded view if a CSM clicks into a widget.
Hi All, This is a good ask and changing this to an idea post. Redirecting this to our product team. 
Hi Amanda,

Thanks for bringing this up. This is now on our long-term roadmap. I'll update this post with an ETA once that is available. 
This is a huge ask of our executive team as well. In the short term, allowing widgets to function in a similar fashion to a graphical representation of a report would be a step in the right direction. Admins can select which columns from the report are included to provide the additional detail that is summarized in the widget. 

Next step would be linking to a separate report(s). So, we can see Total ARR in the widget. When I click on it, I can choose a more detailed summary of say, Total ARR by Customer Segment or Total ARR by CSM. 
Hello everyone,

We have recently shipped drill down enhancement for widget reports! Can you confirm if this solves your use case?
YES!! This is great, Rakesh! Thanks for adding this enhancement, team!
This is pretty cool, thanks Rakesh!