Ability to "message" my Gainsight users within Gainsight

Related products: CS Reports & Dashboards

I wish I could add an in-platform notification within Gainsight that my users would see when using Gainsight. I envision this being at the top of the Gainsight page as a header or notice or alert that lets Gainsight administrators communicate with the user base in-platform.

There are 2 primary scenarios this would be useful:

1. When we as administrators are making changes to Layouts or C360 or any other Gainsight section.

2. When we note that a data aggregation, rule, CTA or other Gainsight feature may not have run, or is delayed, or when we know that for some reason the data within Gainsight may not be 100% as expected.

Note: I'm not really seeking a full-scale mailbox or messaging system within Gainsight. Instead, I'm suggesting a simple headline or notification mechanism that let's administrators give notice or a brief announcement to users when warranted.
Can you use Chatter for this purpose?
Possibly, though in my use case I'm not thinking about communications for a specific customer (where I agree, Chatter is the way to go.)

I'm thinking about the scenario which are "Gainsight-wide". For example, if we had an issue with how one of the Scorecards sections was calculated because we inadvertently injected some poor data, I would like to put a message somewhere inside the Gainsight UI that says "Scorecard data may be inaccurate today and will be remediated by 1:00pm" Or if I am re-arranging the C360 sections, I would like to include a notification that "The Sponsor Tracking section is now at the bottom of the C360 page."

Email to my user base works here too, but we can all likely attest that putting a message in-platform that's seen at the moment the user is in Gainsight is WAY better than another email in your Inbox.
Matthew, 

We have what is called a "Hello Bar" in our product. It's simply a message bar at the top of the screen we can put notifications such as "Check out this new feature we added" or "Maintenance: Some rules may not have run."

Would something like this work?  I could get behind this.
What a great name! I think that's what I'm going for. Just enough to give a quick announcement of a problem or a feature, delivered while my users are in Gainsight instead of me emailing them asynchronously.
And would you want to manually create and send these announcements?
Yes, I believe the Gainsight Admins would be best suited to insert messaging.
More in product messaging is something we want to do in 2016. Our primary use cases were (a) better help / documentation and (b) Gainsight release updates (not configurable per customer). You raise a good additional use case and I will add this. This is not something planned in short term though. There are workarounds of chatter, sending email. One   thing we will look at making copilot easier to use while sending to internal users. Finally another thing we will could do is ability to add a 'static text widget' in dashboard. Would this be something useful?
I think for me a static text widget that if there was nothing in it would disappear, but if there was text in it it would appear would suffice. 

I wouldn't want to take up real estate with an empty widget.