Ability to format report widgets

Related products: None

It would be great if we could format the number that goes into a report widget. This would include being able to add a dollar sign, percent sign, how many decimals are shown, etc.
Yes, agreed. Give me all aesthetics.
@Jeremy, We understood the context and definitely a good idea . Thanks for posting.

@Ben, I know you are strongly waiting for this feature, You have already posted this on community.

Redirecting this request to our product team. 
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can you put a percentage (%) in a report widget?.

I have dabbled in my first MDA work and the output is two percentage fields. One is a CSM's retention rate by number of customers and the other is their retention rate by total dollars. I am excited to share these out in our CSM dashboard so team members can track their progress on team goals!

However, I am having trouble with the report viewing and subsequent dashboard configuration. By comparison, our NPS by Owner report is easy and outputs into a nice numbered Widget. This is great for viewing in the dashboard. My new fields, however, are percentages, and the Widget option is greyed out.

Does anyone know if we can put a percentage into a Widget?

If so, how?

If not, why not? 

Thank you!
Another issues here that I discovered today. Widgets seem to auto-select thousands (if applicable) rather than whole units. This is a problem if you explicitly want to show whole units in a widget.
Hey Ben! 

Yeah I was able to put a percentage into a Widget. The use case for us was that CSMs wanted to track their renewal rate in Gainisight.

So, I created a new MDA table and created a rule to push renewal data from Salesforce to the new MDA object. Then I created a formula field within the MDA itself that calculated the Renewal Rate as a percentage. So in the MDA, you can see that the field is populated with percentages.

My formula was simple so maybe that is why it worked well, just taking the amount closed/available amount and setting the 'type' for the field as a percentage. This way, in the MDA the percentage was generated. 

Then I was able to create a widget report on that renewal rate field! This was probably the hardest part for me, since to use the widget feature, we have to sum the field in the 'show me' section and have nothing in the 'By' section. So, I had to make sure that the renewal data in the MDA was in a format that I was able to summarize in the report builder. 
+1 Yes please.  This would be awesome!  Then we could have all the awesome widgets!!! 
Big-time +1 to this
+1 I'm just following up - if there is any movement in allowing the additional number options in the Widget.  Needing % in a bad way at the moment.
+1 for this!! I want to display an exact number on a widget BUT it rounds up! So it's not reliable when comparing with other data.

I’m here to say our company needs this bad as well! Is there any update from Gainsight here? We need to show dollar values in our dashboards.

Adding our voice as well.  We would love both the $ and the % in widgets.