Ability to filter on Timeline Activity Notes in Report Builder/Rules Engine (for exporting)

Related products: None

Really frustrating to have to export all of our Timeline activities to do a proper keyword search and share activities externally. Alternatively, please add the option to export Timeline Activities that result from the Global Timeline filter views.

Yes, if a user has full access to Gainsight, they can conduct keyword searches. However, say I want to prepare a report for our marketing team with all mentions of a certain keyword or product, then I am out of luck. I have to keep incrementally reducing the number of records that appear. Well I try to filter to Activity Date = Current Year while looking at all timeline activity types. The report is unable to render. I try to remove that filter and just export everything as a CSV, well apparently there is a file size limit for the CSV that is emailed. My only option, export to an S3 bucket by creating a new rule, download the file, then search for the word in Excel and then clean up the sheet to include only rows where that keyword is mentioned. 

There’s gotta be a better way. :)

Also, when I export meeting activities, the notes in the CSV contain <p></p> and other markup throughout making them virtually unreadable. 

+1, this would be super helpful for us as well.

Also, when I export meeting activities, the notes in the CSV contain <p></p> and other markup throughout making them virtually unreadable. 

@ana_g not to mention if you’re pushing back anything from a RTA field to SFDC, the target field should also be a RTA otherwise it will bring in all the html markup. We had to go through a few long text field updates in order to centralize comms into GS. 

Anyway, +1 for this. Generally RTA field “contains” filtration is a huge need.

End Proctoring-

@ana_g did you get a chance to view the comments posted by @gunjanm 

Great suggestion @ana_g . Maybe even a reporting enhancement to enable word-cloud like reporting and analytics similar to what is available for surveys?

I believe we have partially addressed the problem with the Stip off HTML tags capability in the rules engine released last week. This way if the downstream system does not accept HTML tags, you can still pass the data. 

Rich Text with contains is a very huge computational effort which will take a long time to return results. Even Salesforce does not expose these capabilities. I understand that this would solve a lot of asks, but this is a capability we would not want to expose in a generic platform way. 

I’ll explore more on the word cloud viz, thats a nice idea. @sai_ram  can you make this an idea of its own?

@bradley Did you get a chance to view the comments here.

@bradley Did you get a chance to view the comments here.

Yes, did you need additional input from me? I see the HTML stripping from the rules which is great, but I don’t think it helps linked objects at all (which wasn’t in the scope of this, but just putting it out there). I don’t know anything about the reporting changes as I don’t have access to the reporting beta and it isn’t released yet. I do however still see HTML tags in timeline because the strip HTML capability would only be useful in this case if Timeline was an SFDC object and I mirrored it in the MDA with a rule and stripped out HTML and THEN reported on it. I was just doing a test set in Data Designer yesterday looking at Timeline and HTML was showing.

Even starting with the Subject line as a possibility for timeline activity report building would be very helpful.

We are leveraging the Email templates and Gainsight Assist to begin developing standard naming conventions in the subject line to make it easier for search within Timeline and to (hopefully) later create reports and rules triggered by these events

Example:

Input - Timeline Activity Type = Email; Subject contains Quarterly Report; Attachment = Yes   Output - Close existing QAR CTA as successful. Create QAR CTA assign date + 90.

I hope this makes sense.