Ability to export/report on Permission Bundles

Related products: None

Sister ticket of  

I just converted to NXT (and yes I am open to accepting sympathies via DM) and now that we’ll be using Permission Bundles more, we MUST have a way to export and report on users assigned to Permission Bundles.

When you have 2000+ users, the user display of 10 users at a time just does not cut it. 

@sai_ram help please :yum:

@darkknight Thanks for bringing this to the top. I was on leave so couldn’t reply to this post. 

I am redirecting this to the product team, I will update you here once I hear from them. 

It would be nice if you could report on it within GS as well, and not just have to rely on export.

I wonder if there could also be some kind of tagging functionality? We have a spreadsheet where we track Gainsight usage by team but it doesn’t necessarily line up with their Salesforce title/role/profile. Would be cool to add custom tags by team or “temporary” or “Project X”, etc. 

we badly need this for user audit. +1

Hi @sai_ram , Do you happened to hit the product team on this. Please share some updates :fingers_crossed_tone4: . Before all customers get migrated to NXT, i think this solution should be enabled :thinking: .

+1 to this thread. We regularly evaluate usage and permissions and need an easy way of viewing permission bundles in an exported csv format.

Overall, it would be useful to have:

1. The ability to see assigned permission bundles in User Management (permission bundle should also appear as an exportable column in Report Builder). This would also help identify who has been given a license type but doesn’t have a permissions bundle assignment.
  2. The ability to more easily report on and export who is assigned to a Permission set in Permissions Bundle.

@vmoore @darkknight we are looking into this and will update the release plan soon.

Last update come 3 months back, any update or plan for this?

Hello @Kmwadhwani, thank you for following up. As @soumitrasahu mentioned this thread will be updated by the Product Manager once there is an update. Appreciate your understanding here :) 

any update on this? It is important to have permission bundles tagged and show up as a reportable/viewable field in User management and Report on truly administer the users. It is a pain to keep up with permissions in the current user management view.

Following! Now that we have to assign permission bundles to each user manually, I would love to be able to build a report to reference to ensure all of my Users have been assigned the correct permission bundle. 

Upvoting this. I’m concerned we have some users not assigned to a permission bundle and there is no good way to tell without manually going through each user.

@anirbandutta any 👀 on this?

Amplifying this for inclusion as some flavor of MDA object or as another panel in Analyzer, or anything to get away from shuttling in and out of each Permission Bundle to determine Users and Permissions. When your instance has aged some, it’s a highly manual error-prone journey to figure out who has permissions to what, and even worse to rationalize it.