Ability to Expand Reporting Window

Related products: None

in Gainsight Reporting, it appears that you can enlarge a window due to the expander at the bottom right, but that you cannot.

Hi Colin,

The report window you are referencing should be adjustable. The window opens at the maximum size, but you should have the ability to resize by holding and dragging to minimize/enlarge. If you cannot resize the window at all, please submit a support ticket to Gainsight so we can investigate this further..

Currently, we use the pop up window as a quick reference, and if we need additional details then we'll open the source report in Report Builder. Does this help?

Thanks,

Jared
Hey Jared, I submitted a ticket -  5789 - and they said these do not expand it would need to be considered an enhancement request and to submit it here.
Hi Colins, 

The pop-up expands to the maximum width automatically, from where it can be resized down using the icon at the bottom right. We'd love to understand the use case where you wish to resize up beyond what the window defaults to.

Thanks,

Manu
We have a need for the ability to expand the window further as well. Sometimes when we have a lot of details in the drill-down window, it doesn't size the columns to fit the whole header in, so some longer headers get cut off. Being able to resize to a larger window would give us the ability to accurately see what the column headers are without having to manually adjust their widths. 
I've also received several comments from frustrated CSMs that would like the option to expand the drill down tabular report to bigger than what is apparently maximum size.  I believe the ability to expand it to the width/height of the browser window would be more consistent with what people are used to with other programs.

You also mentioned the work around of opening the report in report builder if we need a larger view/further detail, but only administrators would have that option.  If the ability to expand the drill down larger than current maximum is not an option, possibly a function to open the full report in view only in a new window or pop up would work just as well.
Good feedback on the need to see drill down reports with many columns in real-estate > what a popup can support. In many situations a popup works well and there have been requests for more structured or multi-step drill down, it probably makes sense for us to explore this more holistically. 

A couple of things to highlight in the mean time

1) In the popup, in the table end user can adjust width of the columns to see more data. This is especially useful for columns with long text, which I'm guessing it one of the reasons pop up size is limited. If width of all columns > horizontal space, than a horizontal scroll bar appears. Admins can also set the default width in report builder. 

2) If #1 doesn't alleviate the problem, there is an option to place similar report twice (probably next to each other) in a dashboard. One is the aggregated view and the other is flat view. 

Do either of these help?
I have tried adjusting the column widths of the drill down report within the report builder and there seem to be two issues: 1) The first column does not retain the width I set and 2) the horizontal scroll does not show up (even though the last column is clearly cutoff and hidden to the right) until a user adjusts another column width.

I've submitted a ticket to our support rep.
Has this issue been fixed? i'm going to take an educated guess and say "No", because I'm still unable to expand the window...

@manu_mittal @rakesh shaking this tree because I also have a customer asking about this. They are seeing this drill down table as an inefficient use of real estate as it only allows users to see 6 rows of data at a time. The ability to resize or maximise the drill down report can improve usability and efficiency. Can either of you comment on this?

Hi @jnunes  

We have improved the number of records we show in drilldown report in the reporting redesign solving this problem. 

@rakesh thank you! :)

Hello Everyone,

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and implemented in the Horizon Analytics. Gainsight has now enhanced the drill down configuration and experience in both SFDC & NXT versions.

Thanks for posting!