Ability to Edit Journey Orchestrator Programs

Related products: None

I continually hear that this is a commonly requested feature but was surprised that there doesn't seem to be a post specific to this topic (searched by Programs and Advanced Outreach) vs the one off requests for individual program functions. 

I have to highlight just how frustrating it is that you cannot edit a published Program (save for the schedule and entry criteria).

You can't change the query

You can't add or remove a step

You can't tweak the settings of a Create CTA step (this required duplicating the journey twice to to try a different setting and then remove the step due to the bug)

You can't adjust the wait timer

You can't modify the conditions on a conditional wait

Nearly every single adjustment to a Program requires duplicating it and then tracking historical metrics manually. This is not just an issue with live Programs but with Programs that are built to test. Since it has to be published to run through the test conditions, any corrections are to be made on a duplicated version.

The biggest issue I have found regarding this missing functionality is that you lose any 'once in a lifetime'  or re-entry criteria limitations you set on the original journey. Any time we've had to make a little tweak, either due to addressing bugs or actual changes to our flow, has required duplicating the journey (now on our 4th iteration) and we lose that limitation.

There is no native way to prevent someone from re-entering the duplicate journeys. The only way I can think to prevent this is to now go back and edit the logic in the query builder filter to exclude any contact that received a specified email in X amount of days...which is a different space/data set task to incorporate and will require a rework of my entire query AND . . . duplicating the journey.

Looks like this feature would really help a large number of people, including us. Haven’t seen any updates on this in awhile, and the original post was from 4 years ago. Are there any updates that can be shared?

There’s a BETA right now for the new JO which I believe is where this idea is being developed. Not sure on the GA for the beta, but since it is active right now it would likely be in the next 1-2 quarters if I had to guess.

Are there any updates that can be shared on this? Something that’s available now, or possibly planned for GA in January?