Question

Ability to edit default mapping field in SFDC Activity Sync

• 7 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Currently, Gainsight Activity “Default Closed Status” is mapped to SFDC Activity “Status” in the Activity Sync and it’s not possible to edit it. This is confusing for my SFDC users, as all Tasks appear to be closed. I’d like to correct the mapping so that “Status” is mapped to “Status.” 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@anna-whitehouse sorry for the inconvenience. I will. check the possibilities and get back to you.

Hi @anna-whitehouse
In Timeline Admin Section > Under Activity Sync Tab > We have a Salesforce Status dropdown where you can pick one value for the status, but, the limitation to this approach is that it’ll be applied to all the tasks, and right now it is not dynamic. This is something we want to improve but it is not planned for the near term.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @anna-whitehouse
In Timeline Admin Section > Under Activity Sync Tab > We have a Salesforce Status dropdown where you can pick one value for the status, but, the limitation to this approach is that it’ll be applied to all the tasks, and right now it is not dynamic. This is something we want to improve but it is not planned for the near term.

@anna-whitehouse did you get a chance to view the comments here. Please let us know if you need any help. 

Badge +1

Hey @sai_ram - thanks for responding, but that doesn’t solve my problem. I am aware that I can change the default from closed to open, but having a static field for Status defeats the purpose of having a status at all. Showing all tasks as open wouldn’t necessarily be an improvement, as it doesn’t provide accurate information for the end users.

Hi @anna-whitehouse, I do understand your use case, this is a valid ask. We don’t have an immediate plan to support this as the team is occupied with other High-Priority items.