Ability to edit all Timeline entries

Related products: CS Timeline

Currently, the only user that can edit a Timeline entry is the user that created said entry.

It would be good if there was some kind of permission that would allow an admin to edit all Timeline entries, regardless of who created it.

Is there anything like this on the roadmap?
I could see a variation of this request being a surrogate (like someone's EA) to edit on your behalf. Perhaps the permission is universal for an Admin role but also each user could enable or disable having someone act or edit on their behalf. 
+ 1 As an ADMIN, I would love this!  There are times that Managers are giving Demos and create 'test' entries - and later ask me to delete them.  In order for me to do so, I have to log in as them - it would be awesome if I could just stay under my profile instead.
This would be fantastic! We are trying to use Timeline for a specific type of request for help internally, where the CSM documents the details and reviews with their manager. Once the manager approves it, the manager will create a task out of that Timeline activity for another group to review and assign out, documenting the timeline activity accordingly (e.g who it is assigned, when it was assigned, etc.).
this would really help us! if you can speed this up or share a status would be great

+1, if we could add this functionality, albeit with role-based access (RBAC) so that I as admin can grant access to A to edit timeline entries by B and C, but B only has permissions to edit for C.

+1, this would be a great feature, especially with the new tagging functionality!

Not saying that this is necessarily the approach we should take on this, but here is an example of how SFDC handles this with Chatter posts: https://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/summer15/release-notes/rn_chatter_feeds_edit_posts.htm

Interesting thread - Is it possible to have multiple gainsight users (eg dual CRMs) edit timeline entries for the same account - Not sure if there was a soluton provided - thanks in advance

This came up today in support. Would be nice to let admins do this!

This came up for me today too. My use case is that the user is no longer with the company, and we need to go in and mark a flag on several activities to adjust reporting. I also had a request from a manager to be able to adjust for their employees as needed as well. For example, we have a Risk activity that the manager might need to add additional details to the dropdown fields available. The manager also requested the ability to move a Timeline activity to another CSM. Happy to provide additional details around the process to explain the use case better.

Agree that Admins having Edit permissions on all Timeline entries would be useful!

Admins should at least have permissions to edit or remove entries. Especially if someone leaves the company and we cannot edit or remove is not ideal.

+1 we need this

Or if at the very least, you could control which admins had access to edit/delete timeline entries. That way not all admins automatically get access to delete.

I could see a variation of this request being a surrogate (like someone's EA) to edit on your behalf. Perhaps the permission is universal for an Admin role but also each user could enable or disable having someone act or edit on their behalf. 

Yes, this would be very helpful in my use case.

We have activities that are tracked for things like critical issues. Recently, we had a CSM transition their accounts to a new CSM with some open issues that had been logged in the timeline. Now that they have been resolved, the new CSM is not able to go in and update the activity which in turn, is creating CTAs for them to action the open item. If the person who owns the account was able to edit timeline activities for that client, or if they were somehow able to be made a surrogate it would have resolved the issue here. 

Adding another vote to this idea. It would be helpful if admins had the ability to edit or delete any timeline entry. For transparency and accountability there should also be a log of all of these actions that is not editable. 

This is on our short-medium term roadmap. ETA to be decided.

Another +1 for this feature and happy to see that it’s on the roadmap!  For us, the ability to add tasks to the timeline post from multiple users is just as important as the ability to edit the text and update the notes.  

Also, every now and then the email-to-Gainsight feature doesn’t log the timeline post in the right company and we need to be able to edit and associate it to the right company.  I don’t think there is a way to do that right now but please let me know if there is!    

@cynthiam thanks for your vote(add tasks to the timeline post from multiple users).

For the second(email-to-Gainsight feature) request, could you please create a new post for better tracking?

@cynthiam thanks for your vote(add tasks to the timeline post from multiple users).

For the second(email-to-Gainsight feature) request, could you please create a new post for better tracking?

No problem!  Here you go:  

An another similar I created last year:  

+1, glad this is on the roadmap. It would also be helpful if admins could move Timeline activities from one account to another. We run into situations where CSMs are accidentally logging activities to the wrong call and then have to manually move them over. 

+1 for this, would be super useful!

+1

Surely this is basic functionality right?

I can understand why normal users are not able to amend the timeline entry, but surely an admin who oversee the system should be able to amend/update this?

So without GS’s help, we cannot update/amend risks on a timeline that were owned by a colleague that has now left.

@nitisha_rathi please can you provide an update on this?

+1 for this - really critical to be able to edit these

+1 the ability for users and admins to edit all timeline entries would be very useful.