Ability to customize layout of objectives per different types

Related products: CS Success Plans

Currently, all Objectives in Gainsight have the same layout. If I want to creat custom layouts that apply to only specific types of objectives (e.g. specific objective category or specific success plan type) - I can't do it today. 

This limits the ability of adding fields and customizing layouts for different use cases for success plans. 

Is this a planned enhancement?  
Or even allowing different types of CTAs in success plans! But "Me Too" either way. 
Hi Nadav,

Recently we have given ability to have different Objective Layouts per Entity level, have you looked into it (Go through "Configure multiple Objective CTA types in Success Plans" section )

Hope this solves your use-case, 

Regards,

Hitesh
Thanks Hitesh. Sounds promising. But the link is broken - can you please post the correct link? Thank you
I think I found what Hitesh was referring to:

https://support.gainsight.com/Release_Notes/Recent_Release_Notes_by_Theme/Catch-up_on_Cockpit_Enhanc...

Configure multiple Objective CTA types in Success Plans: Previously, there was only one CTA Type of "Objective". Now you can configure one per relationship type and for each relationship type, you can select local or global objective. A local objective CTA type is added for all Account and Relationship types; every time a relationship type is created, this local objective will be available.

By default, the local objective CTA type is disabled and the global object (layout, status, etc.) is used. Once the local objective is enabled, it will be used instead of the global objective.

It seems like by "multiple" it actually means "two", one for cockpit objectives and one for success plans, is that right? 

I think what we are looking for is a different layout for different kinds of Objectives. The only different kinds we see right now are reporting categories, so mapping layouts to that.

It seems like it would be easier to allow different CTA types in success plans rather than build another UI for category level layout. 
Sry for the Broken link, i have updated my post to reflect correct link now
Hi Scotty,

Let me try explaining about this,

1) By Default there's an Objective CTA type at Global level and the layout defined over there will be seen for Account and Relationship Success Plan

2) But with the above release, we have now added ability to define Objective Layout at each entity level (Account, R1, R2, etc)

3) If you would like to have a different layout for R2 - Relationship Type, then you can mark the Local Objective as Active and define its own layout.

Now for Account & R1 Success Plan, you would see layout defined at Global level and for R2 Success plan, you would see layout defined at that Entity level.

4) Similarly you can define different Layout for each entity level

5) Note: Once you mark the Local Objective type as Inactive, for the newly created Objectives going forward it will use Global Layout 

I hope you understand the above explanation, but if you need anything more, happy to Jump on a Call.

Regarding the Other Point, to be able to add different CTA types in Success Plan, this would be an whole other topic of discussion, would request you to have a separate community post for the same, so that we can get other's perspective on the same.

Regards,

Hitesh
Hey Hitesh,

Thanks for the explanation, I think my question would be answered by asking about a use case:

So with the new functionality can I do this:

In my Success Plan I have three Objective CTAs

Objective 1 has Layout A

Objective 2 has Layout B

Objective 3 has Layout A

Is that possible? To have different layouts for Objectives within a success plan?

This also might be different from Nadav's question, I would ask him to confirm if my use case is the same as what he was asking, I might have it completely wrong!

Scotty
Thanks for your comment Hitesh. Unless I'm not understanding the documentation right, I don't think this solved for the use case I was posting about. Specifically, it seems like this enabled configuring different objective layouts for global vs. account vs. relationship. 

I'm looking for the ability to configure different objective layouts for Success Plans within the same level (e.g. account)

The example would be, I have 2 types of success plans (on my account, for this example assume I'm not using relationships) - an ROI success plan and an Adoption Success plan. 

I want the objectives under the ROI Success Plan type to have a specific layout (including custom fields, etc.) while the objectives for the Adoption Success plan type have a different layout. 

Please correct me if I'm misunderstanding and this is actually doable. 
Hi Nadav, 

We don't have an ability to define Objective layouts per SP type. And generally for this kind of cases we suggest using fields in Plan Info for different SP types.

Also for the Use-case what Scotty is talking about, it is not possible today.

But both the above Use-cases would be solved if other CTA types would be allowed in an Success Plan. Will definitely take this feedback to PM team.

Thanks,

Hitesh
Hitesh - thank you for your response! 

This enhancement is what we need, because it won't be enough to customize the success plan layout - we need the ability to customize the objectives (per Success Plan type or per Objective Category)

Thank you!

Any updates on this??

+@Anil Raj Pujari on this thread

Following for updates.

Though CTA layouts specific to each Success Plan type is in plans its not part of immediate roadmap.

This would be super useful in cases like ours where we have different teams using Success Plans