Ability to create success plan objectives and tasks via rules engine

Related products: None

We currently track business objectives via a separate object with each business goal its own record on that object. It would be wonderful if I could take these business goals from our object and use the rules engine and filters to create success plan objectives and even tasks. I would love to be able to use TAGs in the name of the objective and comments. So the experience would be as follows > Sales adds in business goals into the SF object and Gainsight picks those up and throws them into a Success Plan for Services. I would then like to take any updates provided on the Success Plan and push them to the SF object update for everyone to be able to see. 

We would get benefit from this too! We have several products that could be sold and having them generate when a success plan is already created would be great.

@Anil Raj Pujari could you take a look when you’re back

Hi @mindy @bradley 

Appending templates while updating existing success plans via rules is in short term roadmap. But I understand the requirement is to directly copy the objectives stored in a different object and paste them as CTAs in a specific success plan, let’s call it “customer objectives” success plan. The challenge here is

1. since objectives captured by sales and Success Plans are two different objects/tables without any direct mapping, how does the user configure a rule such that only the “customer objectives” success plan is populated with the objectives (A company could have multiple Success Plans with similar name and within the same SP type). One way to narrow down to “customer objectives” success plan is filter by company, success plan type, status and name. In this case too there could be more than one Success Plan which matches the criteria hence all those success plans will updated with new CTAs. 

We are evaluating few solutions but there are not in immediate roadmap.

Hi @mindy @bradley 

Appending templates while updating existing success plans via rules is in short term roadmap. But I understand the requirement is to directly copy the objectives stored in a different object and paste them as CTAs in a specific success plan, let’s call it “customer objectives” success plan. The challenge here is

1. since objectives captured by sales and Success Plans are two different objects/tables without any direct mapping, how does the user configure a rule such that only the “customer objectives” success plan is populated with the objectives (A company could have multiple Success Plans with similar name and within the same SP type). One way to narrow down to “customer objectives” success plan is filter by company, success plan type, status and name. In this case too there could be more than one Success Plan which matches the criteria hence all those success plans will updated with new CTAs. 

We are evaluating few solutions but there are not in immediate roadmap.

It’s not so much about copy and pasting objectives from sales into CTAs, it’s about being able to say “if criteria A is met, assign Objective CTA 3. If Criteria B is met, assign Objective CTA 2.” That sort of thing.

Similar to how a non-Objective CTA is assigned today, but in this case more of a sub-action within a Success Plan Rule Action (at least in the context of the initial creation of a success plan).