Ability to Create Reoccurring Meetings in Timeline

Related products: None

Our CSMs have recurring meetings with their customers where it would be helpful to either flag or log recurring meetings in Timeline. This would cut down on the time a CSM spends logging the same activity each week. 

@kcsp Thanks for sharing your idea. Considering this as enhancement and redirecting to our product team. 

@kcsp How would you want the recurring meeting to log? Just as a placeholder where CSMs can come, edit and add the notes?

@kcsp we need your inputs here as well.

@nitisha_rathi Yeah, I think that would work. If possible, it may be good to have start/end dates the CSM can set so that it’s not an infinite recurrence. 

Hi @kcsp, Thanks for sharing your idea. Currently, this not on our roadmap as we have some high-priority items on the plate. Based on the number of upvotes I can have a relook at it. Thanks

I’ve been getting asked for these by my CSMs. Maybe it auto-creates a day in advance as a draft?

Even the ability to copy a meeting (not the notes, but the actual meeting) would be appreciated. I think the team just finds it annoying to have to type in all of the same internal and external attendees for a meeting that they have every week.

This is also something that’s very high up on our wish list. Ideally we’d want to be able to configure a number of future recurrences that will be logged as drafts to the timeline. Say from today’s date, create drafts for the next 2 instances of a meeting so that we can log notes and agenda items etc against them in preparation for the meetings

@anirbandutta Would you be able to connect us with the PM in charge to see where this is on the roadmap?

I’d also see this as a reoccurring placeholder email we could add meetings notes and details to.

Thank you. Let me try to remove some dust off this and get a response. 

I could see this as an option like creating a Task on an Timeline activity.  Perhaps an option to create a “Future Event” .  It would be great if the subject line could be automatically appended to add “Future Event” so it was easy to spot on the Timeline.  A new default Activity Type of Future Event would allow for these to be excluded from activity reporting.  But you would need to be able to change the activity type without losing everything that had been added the activity prior to that point.  I can see, as someone mentioned above, the benefit of adding the agenda and other notes as the CSM prepares for the meeting.  

@anirbandutta thanks for looking into this! 

Is there an update on this? This is frequently requested by our team of 20 csms

Hi @jbeker , We are looking at calendar integration with timeline feature which can take care of this use case also. However, at this time do not have a clarity on when we can start working on this integration. Will update this thread once there is more clarity on timelines.