Ability to Close a Task via Rules

Related products: CS Rules & Permissions

Currently you can only create a rule to close a CTA, but we have a use case that we are looking to use that looks at a field and closes a Task depending on the population of said field. 
Hi Kaycee,

We are thinking in the direction of making CTA/ task creation and updation via rules engine more flexible. This enhancement will be a part of it. ETA to be decided.

Thanks,

Nitisha
so you couldn't set a rule to say "if X sfdc field is not blank, then mark task as complete"?
Hi Heather,

No, we cannot do this as of now but we will make enhancements soon.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Has this hit the roadmap yet? Would love to have this ability. 
Hi Casey,

As of now this enhancement is not in our near by roadmap.

Have you tried using Mass Edit for closing tasks? 

Let me know if this solves your use-case.

Regards,

Hitesh 
We would like this feature as well. As we have migrated to lightning and are now using the salesforce list views for CTA and CSTasks it would be great to be able to automatically close tasks of a closed CTA's since closing a CTA through a list view does not auto close the tasks. 
Hi Martha,

Same can be achieved from Cockpit page, any specific reason for using Salesforce view?

From Cockpit page when you close any CTA, below pop-up will be shown, Clicking on Yes will close all the tasks under it. You can also configure the Task status in the Admin for the same.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Hitesh
+1, our specific use case is that we would like to automatically close a task if a contact has opened an email associated with the task.

+100000
We have a use case for this as well!
When we send a welcome email to a customer, we would like the task to be closed out, through the rule.  None of this manual mumbo jumbo.

Hello everyone, this is currently not in the immediate roadmap. We will get back once we have a exact timeframe on when we would be able to deliver it.

+1000

We also discovered many use cases for this function.  When we send emails/surveys to our internal partners, we would like for the corresponding task to be closed completed through our rules.  

Thank you! 

@sriram pasupathi any updates here?? I also have many use cases for this functionality.