Ability to change CTA types and reasons

Related products: None

I have worked with multiple customers lately who have been restructuring the Type and Reasons of CTAs framework and  would like to know if it is possible to change the Type of some specific Reasons that they have today.

For instance,  one Reason called "MMM" which is in Type = All and would like to have it in the Type = Event

As of now this is not possible, is there any thought to have this ability in the future? Possibly in Mass?  
Hi Michael,

If i Understand correctly, you would like to define Certain Reason for Certain Types, which shouldn't be seen in others Types, If the answer is Yes then it can done now. Click here for more details.

For example, you can create Reason under Type Event, which be seen only when you create CTA of Event type.

Let me know if you have any more questions, ready to jump in call.

Regards,

Hitesh
Hi Michael,

The only way to do it is to delete the reason from 'All' and re-create in 'Event'. We don't allow one click change of CTA type because this may leave existing CTAs data inconsistent. E.g. if reason 'MMM' was already used in both 'Event' and 'Risk' CTA type and we allow to change the CTA type of the reason, then the existing CTAs of Risk type will have inconsistent data.

Thanks,

Nitisha
I think that is part two of Michael's request.  After updating the reason to the new type, we could then be prompted to re-map in mass the CTAs that have already been created and need updated to fit the new type/reason structure.

As I type that, I can understand the difficulty of it all.  But similar to his example, we haven't really been using/reporting on our types/reasons but I know they will become more important as we continue to gain adoption across the company. At some point, we're going to need to 'revamp' our structure for those.
Hi Melissa,

Have you tried Mass Edit tool for Bulk updating Reasons? Click here for more reference.

Let me know if there are any other questions.

Regards,

Hitesh
You can't change the CTA Type though from the Mass Edit tool, correct?
Piggy backing off of Jen - We're also in a point of needing to Mass Edit the CTA Types so we can assign the updated Reasons.
Additional Comment - Would it be possible to use the Rules Engine to Mass Edit the

CTA Type if they meet a certain criteria?  If so, how would that be

done?  I'm still new the Rules Engine, but I saw another post that

hinted at it.
I echo Sagan's questions. Any update on this?
Good morning!  I wanted to see if there was an update on this type of request.  We recently redid our CTA Types for a better workflow - and are now needing to move a large quantity of CTA Types to a new Type, and then update their Reason.  If there is a way for the Rules Engine to accomplish this, how would one go about that? - GSS
It's been a few months since anyone has asked - is there any update? I need to revamp our CTA Reasons and do not have a way to do so since they are in use. 

Thanks!
We recently revisited Reasons and Types being used for CTAs. Changing Reason is possible with Mass Edit but we get stuck if we have CTA on the wrong Type and we want to move the Reason to only be associated to one Type and not All. So right now, we have CTAs with 3-4 different Types but all the same Reason. 

Would really like the ability to Mass Edit Type so that we can clean up our records and make them more consistent for tracking and reporting.
Hi John,

There's no way to Edit CTA type, but for your use-case i suggest to use Rules Engine and Mass Edit to accompany that in 2 steps,

1) With base object as Call to Action, Create CTA with correct Type

2) Once CTAs are created with correct CTA and Verified, then use Mass Edit tool to delete the Old CTAs

Let me know if this helps.
Hi Sagan,

Sry for late reply, but there's no way to Edit CTA Type, would suggest the same approach as suggested to John below. Let me know if that helps.
Thanks Hitesh.

If I understand correctly - you're suggesting that we use the Rules Engine to re-create existing CTAs with the correct type and then use the Mass Edit tool to delete the incorrect CTAs.

What would be the expected outcome of CTAs that are currently In Progress (some tasks completed, Email Assist used, etc.) and those that have been completed (tasks closed/completed, Email Assist used)? Would the data/progress made with these CTAs simply be removed completely - or would the underlying records remain somewhere?
Hi John,

Yes i am suggesting the same. For the CTA's that are In-Progress or Closed, we can avoid them while performing mass-edit operation.

The reason i am suggesting this way is because CTA's are tightly tied with CTA Type (like Reason, Status, Playbooks, Linked Objects etc), so changing the CTA type would be difficult part.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Regards,

Hitesh
Hi Anna,

When you say Revamp of CTA reason, does that mean you want to delete the existing reasons and recreate new reasons?
Hi @hitesh_sharma_d90079 - is there any update here? On the CSA team, we get requests fairly often to migrate CTA reasons, and it's very time-consuming, involving exporting multiple reports into Excel docs, doing a vlookup, and reinserting that file into SFDC via data loader.

Is there any way we can open up changing CTA reasons and types to the mass edit tool? Or at least via the Rules Engine?

Hi, I see the thread is quite old, but I’m very interested on how it proceeded.

Any news about the request?

Thanks

I can see this is an old request, but we are still seeing customers requesting to be able to make these changes.

Is this something we are still looking considering?

I can see this is an old request, but we are still seeing customers requesting to be able to make these changes.

Is this something we are still looking considering?

YES! This is still very much needed for our instance!

+1 -- this is a huge pain point for our teams. The only workaround if they choose the wrong type is to delete the existing CTA and create a new one, which is not a scalable solution.

Thanks @hitesh_sharma for your responses on this thread; looping in @raja kuditipudi who might be able to share the latest?

cc @mpatra 

+1 Upvote for our CSMs! This is the exact challenge we are facing too. 

+1 -- this is a huge pain point for our teams. The only workaround if they choose the wrong type is to delete the existing CTA and create a new one, which is not a scalable solution.