Ability to CC/BCC contacts on CoPilot outreach

Related products: None

I've heard a few customers ask about the possibility to CC or BCC internal contacts on a CoPilot outreach. The CC/BCC could be a specific email address, or a dynamic field (e.g. the CSM for the account). This could be used for internal notifications when a campaign takes place.
Love the BCC functionality but need to have the CC ability as well. Customers need to see who else is on the email distribution list and be able to reply to the CSM. When can we expect to see this?

Thanks
Any updates in regard to a true CC? I know this could skew analytics but is there any way to bypass the analytics part?
Adding some additional thoughts:

Aside from the added visibility on both sides from a "true CC" - another aspect of the "true CC" that our CSMs would like to utilize is the ability to come over the top of an outreach message as needed. 

Looking forward to seeing this built out!
Hi Alex and Jeremy,

For your use case , is it ok to have a email sent where any of the recipients including actual recipient and the cc contacts can open the email and the email open,link click stats etc. will count for the statistics?

Thanks

Abhishek S
Great question - I'm fine with that if it would be possible to drill down to the participant level engagement data. Could then filter out our internal folks as needed. Not perfect but would be happy to have the option.

Thanks for following up!
Hello - I'd like to vote for this as well. My use case is the ability to just have a cc or bcc line to always include the Director of certain copilot/AO emails. Our use case is we have an internal email sending to alert CSMs/AMs of issues with customers, and I'd like him to have visibility. 
+1

Our use case is onboarding emails.

We want to be able to send the team leader as TO (email on account object), and the rest of the account's contacts as CC, with salutation like "Hi Joe and Team ACME!"

That feels a bit more natural and less "spammy" - all the team members get the same email and not multiple copies of the same one.

Make sense?

Thanks!
This is the functionality that we are looking for as well. In terms of reporting on the action taken on the outreach, it would be ideal to show how each individual engaged with the email. That also allows us to report back to the executive team at our customer if individuals are not engaged and doing their part of the onboarding process. 
I've "re-opened" this idea, since it sounds like our original enhancement only meets a portion of your use cases.
+1. 

This would be very helpful for us to have. We want to send internal emails to the appropriate teams via AO whenever a client responds to one of our surveys. Right now the only option is email copy, not true CC. 
I am working with a customer who is using this email copy functionality for an internal program and she wanted help in tracking whether the "CC'd" contacts in her outreach actually received their email copy. It does not look like Gainsight (and other email platform related resources) distinguish emails sent as email copy separately from a standard program email. This does present a conundrum from a reporting standpoint as I can't figure out how you would be able to separate copied email sends from a standard send unless you knew exactly who you were looking for. Any ideas?
Thanks Dan - I do want to clarify that there is no record of any of the cc'd contacts being sent an email, I don't mind not being able to separate them from the standard send, because I would know who is who.  
So to build on Kate's response - is there a way within AO reporting that could track email copy sends within a JO program in order to validate that the copied contacts received the program email? Based on what I have found, in Gainsight this currently looks like a "No". 
+1

We also would like to send out one email by account rather than one email by contact.  We have the same use case as Tal Admon.
We have a need to BCC the CSM on monthly usage reports. I understand from my GS CSM that this is not something that can be accomlished just yet. Is the CC/BCC functionality on the product roadmap and if so, is there a projected release date that can be shared with the community?

Thank you!

Raluca

Any update on this? We are continuing to run into the following issue:

We have a new customer that is implementing our solution. They have purchased 5 licenses for our product and each person with a license is added to the project. We would like each of them to recieve onboarding communications around project status, training availability, etc. Currently, we are not able to do so because we can only select 1 field as the recipient. We have attempted to create 'customer fields' within Programs but because not all customers have 5 contacts, the logic fails if one of the fields is blank.

Any suggestions on how to work around this?

Happy to inform you all that we are going to release this feature soon. Stay posted!

Hi All, Happy to annuonce that this request is considered now.

Add contact to CC while sending Operational Emails: Previously, users could not add contact to the CC list for emails sent through Journey Orchestrator. With this release, users have an option to add the cc list to the email by selecting CC checkbox, which is enabled while sending only Operational Emails in JO. Currently, only 3 email recipients can be added to the cc list.

In Email Logs and Program emails, users can also track individual email events, such as open, click, and others, for ‘to’ and ‘cc’ emails.

Note: Analytics report is only generated on ‘To’ emails and not yet supported on ‘CC’ emails.

Please follow this article for more details.

Hi, can we make the cc list dynamic. My use case is we want to loop the CSM in on emails sent out to their manager. We need this field be dynamically picked based on who the CSM is on the account.