Ability to CC/BCC contacts on JO outreach

• 14 September 2015
  • 44 replies

I've heard a few customers ask about the possibility to CC or BCC internal contacts on a JO outreach. The CC/BCC could be a specific email address, or a dynamic field (e.g. the CSM for the account). This could be used for internal notifications when a campaign takes place.

44 replies

Userlevel 5
Hey Chris,

This is shipped last week, you can add a Email copy to and send it to a Specific email address or a dynamic fields. One difference between Bcc and Email copy is that Email copy is sent to CSM / email address filled in the <To:> field unlike Bcc where the <To:> address is the actual recipient. This is done to avoid the stats of open and clicked by the CSM getting added to overall stats of outreach. Try this feature out and let me know the feedback.

Hi Sundar, just to make sure I understand the difference btw bcc and copy

if <To:> field is filled for Email copy, on the email to the client contact, it will show the CSM as cc-ed (?). Will CSM receive the actual email then? 

if <To:> field is filled for bcc, the client contact would certainly not see it. But the CSM then will receive a copy and their click to open will not be counted in the analytics. 

Am my understanding correct? 
Userlevel 5
If you set the Email Copy field in copilot, It will not show that the CSM is Cc-ed, but the CSM will receive a copy of actual email with the an extra line saying who received the email and this will not affect the analytics.

We do not have an implementation of Bcc yet in copilot.

Does this address your question?
Hello - What happens if you have a null cc: field? Will it still send to the client and just not cc: who is specified? 

Here's my use case: Need to send a client communication on behalf of an Account Manager, but want to copy an Account Executive. If I don't have an Account Executive listed for the account (which is sometimes the case), will the client still receive the email, but the AE won't?
Userlevel 5
Hey Katie - The emails will not be sent to that client since the AE field is null. This is controlled be the flag "Don't send email when one of the token is empty / null" and I assume you keep this checked.
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Sundar,

Has there been any thought or is it even possible to create an actual CC in Copilot? I had a customer with a specific use case where they wanted their CSM to be CC'd on the email and not just get a copy.

In this instance they were notifying the customer that their CSM had been cc'd on the email.

Or was this just a product decision to prevent the email logs data from getting counted by the cc'd users?

Thanks,

Alex
Badge
We also have a business need for a true CC.

Use-case: co-pilot is sending an automated email (triggered off a closed won new customer opportunity) from the account executive which intro's the post-sales team (as a cc) to the customer.

While open rates are great to track -- I would sacrifice that in favor or connecting the two teams in an effective manner.
Badge
Another option that would work well for us is having multiple contacts in the To: Field.
Badge
The addition of cc is critical for most business emails and Gainsight needs to put this function into their roadmap.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Jumping in here. We have a use case where we would like to send an email and CC the sales rep on the email. This way when the Sales Rep replies it stays on the same email thread instead of possibly creating a new one.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
+1 on the request / use case for a true CC on CoPilot emails. Just came up today on a call with a Gainsight admin. 
Badge
Bumping this request up to see if there are any updates for this function on the roadmap.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
I have a customer who is interested in this functionality as well. They recently added their SVP's email address to the "send a copy" line in the outreach, and were surprised (shocked?) when that SVP got a copy of all 800 emails that were sent out in conjunction with the power list. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Spencer, you mention that they were surprised that the SVP was copied on all 800 emails.  I'm curious as to what the expected behavior would have been.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Hi Dan, I believe the expected behavior would be that they would receive one email. I think the disconnect is that a Powerlist Outreach for 100 people actually sends 100 emails. Not one where a single person is BCC'd
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Lane hit the nail on the head.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
I think I follow.

So instead of CC'ing them, you really wanted to add them to the distribution list of recipients? In practice - instead of copying them on a random, single email message, they would get one specifically sent to them?

For example: if Spencer and I were customers and Lane was the SVP, Lane would get a single email that would start with "Dear Lane" instead of getting copied on one (or all) of the other emails that would start with "Dear Dan" or "Dear Spencer". 

Is this what you had in mind?
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
This last use-case feels a lot like the emails I get from GoToWebinar where it says "This follow-up email was sent to 10 attendees, and here's what they got..." vs. copying me individually on each of the 10 emails. Am I close?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Yes, Manu, that's exactly what I'm thinking.
Badge
Is there a timeline on when true cc and bcc functionality will exist in CoPilot.  One requirement here is the ability to cc more than one person.

Use Case

- To: is POC

- cc: is Sponsor and Billing contact.

- bcc: is Partner
Badge +2
Hey All,

I know that we now have the ability to send a copy of the email outreach to a CSM, which is an awesome start here, but I'm wondering if we might expect a true cc/bcc functionality in the near future?

What I mean by that is, let's say we send a copy of the email to the CSM using the functionality we have now, the CSM gets the email but it's not an actual email thread, so you can't have any back and forth between CSM and user.

Is there any plan to have a cc/bcc function that we can actually use to start a thread with a customer after the initial outreach send?

Thanks!

-Tom
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
I'm going to pile onto this one. The ability to put multiple stakeholders (the customer, the CSM and others) onto the same thread using the cc: field (and not the "Email a copy to" function) would be a robust step forward and enhance our use of CoPilot.
Same here, adding my vote to this. It's a necessary feature for an enterprise level product.
I am adding my vote to this ask as well. The CSM team needs to see a copy of what is sent to their customers, but does not want to receive a 1:1 copy for every contact that receives it (many hundreds in most cases).
Badge
We also have a use case for this. We have a notification we send to an 'Administrator,' but we'd like to be able to cc: someone with another role on the account. This would be externally facing and we'd need to use criteria to identify the correct contact. Would that be a possibility?