Ability to bucket values in Reporting

Related products: None

I often find myself exporting to Excel in order to "bucket" values in reporting - kind of like creating a categorization on the fly like you can in SFDC Reporting.  Would be great to do this in Reports 2.0.

? Hi everyone… PM team has this scheduled VCAM.  

@danny_hallgren @ben @sara_hoeffler @cameron_wright @allie_bollman  @andrew_cummins  @alexandru_zaharia  @courtney_hays  @sarahmiracle  @mindym @romihache  @jp_mehlhaff  @josh.berger 

Thanks for the mention @Cornelia, but unfortunately it’s late for me so I can’t join.  The VCAM has two instances but none is planned at a time that’s EMEA-friendly.

Hi @romihache what time works for you, we could if we can host one for you 

Hi @Cornelia, thanks for asking. 
This week is very busy, but the next one between 11 AM - 2 PM CET I can shuffle things around to join at a time that works for you. Thanks for the offer :) 

@romihache please fill out the form as we added a slot for CET as well.

Thank you @Cornelia ! I just sent the form 

​​​@alizee just wanted to put this on your radar in case you are interested/available

Hello All,

An update on this ask

We are unable to release it in Q4 2023 as we are focussing our efforts on releasing Inline Edit and Reporting on multi select picklist fields.  However, we will continue to keep this in our backlog.

Thanks

Prateek

@Prateek Parashar can we get this idea category then changed to “Acknowledged” or “Planned”? It’s still in “New Idea” even though I attended a VCAM about this about a year ago: 

New IdeaOpen

Hi @sarahmiracle   Thanks for bringing  this up . I have updated the status

Unfortunately the feature is not part of immediate short term roadmap( Q1/Q2)  , but its part of our medium - long term roadmap.