Ability to attach docs/files to Tasks

Related products: None

It would be great to have the ability to attach files/docs to TASKS in a similar fashion that you can to CTAs. 
Agree this would be valuable.
Thanks Jeff!
Hi Andrew, Jeff,

We are working on enhancing our file attachment capabilities in Cockpit and C360, so your feedback is very timely. Could you please expand a little on why it's important to add these files from within the Task and not the CTA or any other level/area? Would love to fully understand your process and use case.

Thanks,

Manu
Sure!

This request is mainly because my account managers are keeping a running task list for each

account. Over a year, they expect to attach many files to each accounts Task-list

CTA, and they will have no way of identifying which task each file was associated

with if the file is only attached at the CTA level. This will make the list of

attachments long, unorganized, and hard to reference back to.
Did this help?
Is there any chance GS is working on a way to attach files to CTAs without using Chatter?  We do not use Chatter.
The new activities and notes feature we are working on will support direct attachments in subsequent releases. The same feature/functionality will be extended to Cockpit as well. Any top asks or things to keep in mind (permissions?) as we build this?
Off the top of my head, ease of searchability and reporting come to mind.
Thanks, Jeff. Searchability makes total sense -- will just have to figure out how to accommodate this inside Cockpit, and to what degree, as we won't have as much space available as on 360 views. Regarding reporting, any examples you could share?
One of our challenges is that we want to make sure all files that we put in Gainsight are synced and attached in Salesforce.  Today, the Account Managers will have to attach the file in Gainsight and also in Salesforce on the account so our sales team and others can see it.  It would be nice if we could attach a file to a task and then when it syncs to SFDC the file is added to the Notes & Attachments section automatically.  The private Chatter group does not work for us and is very unorganized since the files are not connected to the accounts.  
Do we have any updates on this? One of our internal reasons are to keep track of technical aspects (screenshots, etc.) that our CSA's encounter during research and/or issues for a customer. The ability to track these in gainsight takes away from bouncing back and forth between OneNote or another note tracking device.

Any thoughts?
Hi Jake,

In summer(Aug) release, we are adding the capability to add attachments in timeline. So, the CTA timeline can be used to add attachments related to the CTA and all tasks under it. Would this help solve your problem?

Thanks,

Nitisha
Will there be a simple mechanism to search for attachments?  Will there be ability for these attachments to sync back to Salesforce?
Finding out that any attachment you add to Timeline does not sync to Salesforce...is that WAD?
Wait - what?

This is not good.
Did you find out the same thing or am I going crazy?
We're still in implementation - not yet live.  But I just tried creating an Activity, attaching a file and the activity didn't sync to the Account at all.   I currently have it set up to sync Activities to Tasks and I ran a manual sync after creating the activity. 

I've seen inconsistencies with activity syncing.  I actually want to sync Activities to Events in Salesforce but there is an issue where there is no native Gainsight End Date field which is apparently required when you sync to Events.  (Beats me why it doesn't exist if it's required!) So a custom field had to be created.  But I can't make that custom field required on the Activity so if CSMs close the Activity record without filling out the End Date, then it breaks the syncing process to Salesforce.

Fortunately the latter item - make Activity fields required - is coming in the April release.  But I still don't have much confidence in the syncing capabilities because it's been very inconsistent for me.
I've noticed that it takes time for the activity to show up. I tried to sync one with a 9MB file attached and it never showed up but I then attached a much less KB file and the activity did show up in SF but nothing attached unfortunately (it was a pdf so not sure if that mattered or not). Bummer about the events stuff. I don't have an answer for you here but just adding to the woes of syncing tasks/events.  
Hi,

Sorry that you are facing problems while syncing activities to Salesforce. 

- We have released the capability to mark a field as mandatory. Jeff - you should now be able to make End Date mandatory and this should improve your syncing experience

- We are not yet syncing attachments to SF as few customers had concerns about the storage limits in SFDC. Timeline attachments in Gainsight don't count against your SFDC storage limits. We will soon give a configuration where you can choose to sync/ not sync attachments to SFDC.

- Andrew - Syncing of activity is not dependent on the size of the attachment. If you are still facing the issue then I request you to raise a support ticket so that we can dig deep into the problem.

Thanks,

Nitisha
When is the plan for syncing attachments?
When will it be possible to attach files? Either in the timeline or in the cockpit?